Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I saw a similar article in cycle world a while back but this one popped up in Popular Mechanics. Some of you were asking about this before.;)

Leno turbine bike article

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Pretty sweet. Although a turbo Busa sounds like more practicle, cheaper, safer and easy to ride.... if you can imagine that.

Then again... how cool would that bike be at a dragstrip... or the Bonneville Salt Flats.:laughing :thumbsup

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
imagine melting the bumpers on the cars behind you.

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
cherrypicker said:
Pretty sweet. Although a turbo Busa sounds like more practicle, cheaper, safer and easy to ride.... if you can imagine that.

Then again... how cool would that bike be at a dragstrip... or the Bonneville Salt Flats.:laughing :thumbsup
On corbin's ride on, Leno said 'it got into the 9's' at the dragstrip. That is because it takes 2 seconds for the full jet thing to kick in. Leno also said that's with a professional driver, since Leno's NBC insurance policy probably doesn't cover that type of stuff.

Bonneville salt flats would be where the real fun on that bike would be.

Chris

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
TerminatorR1 said:
Imagine trying to take that thru the twisties?
Did you like the part about slowing down. You have to engange neutral then hit the brakes. If you just shut the throttle, it takes several seconds to actually stop making power. kind of scary.

·
Registered
669 Posts
cherrypicker said:

Did you like the part about slowing down. You have to engange neutral then hit the brakes. If you just shut the throttle, it takes several seconds to actually stop making power. kind of scary.
Exactly what I was thinking. Scary, number one waiting for the poewer to kick in (hmm, I wonder if I turened the throttel too far, well will know in a minute here), and two turning the power off, (oh shit, oh shit, I guess I should have reacted to that stoping car a couple of seconds earlier).

G

·
Talk about over priced! Leno could have gotten a busa with a nice turbo for about 10th the cost and get the same results! I think I will throug a turbo on my busa and sell it to him at a discounted prices of ... 100K:cheers

·
Human lawn dart
5,745 Posts
Did you guys see it on the history channel. That thing is awsome. If I had the extra money like he has I'd get it. Just so i can say I have a jet powered bike.:D :cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts