Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· A.K.A. Vodka Waters
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve been super pumped for the last couple weeks because we just booked our trip to Aspen/Snowmass for the season! They are already starting to get some snow in the high elevations and they are just about ready to turn on the snowguns too. Anyways, been working on a new setup for the season since I bought my gear a few years back so it was time for an upgrade.

So far, I’ve picked up some new boots at the end of last season (Burton – Basketball edition) and some 2012 Union Force bindings in neon green. I’ve been working on a new board and I think I’ve narrowed it down to either a Never Summer Heritage or the 2012/2013 Lib Tech Attack Banana. Board could be ordered today so I’ll of course have to post up a picture when it comes in, but I had to mount my bindings on the board that I had, just to try them out.

Boots: Burton Freestyle (Basketball outer)
Bindings: 2012 Union Force
Board: Morrow Blaze, 158

Attachments

· Clever Girl
10,122 Posts
Just started snow boarding last season, but happened to stumble across a gem on Craigslist a few weeks ago that I picked up. It's replacing some crappy set up I bought last year that doesn't fit me right. Want to get into park stuff this year and see if I can break my back or something.

Board: 2011 Lib-Tech Skate Banana
Bindings: GNU Park Bindings (love the quick entry stuff)
Boots: Burton Hail. Need to get some fabric paint though because it has a tree camo pattern on the side. I'm not okay with that :laughing

The green bindings are being swapped onto the Skate Banana. The deal I bought came with two sets of everything, sold the other to a buddy for his girl.

I've heard great things about both of the boards you listed and was considering the NS but found this one.

· A.K.A. Vodka Waters
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New board is on order! Went with the 2013 Lib Tech Attack Banana. Hybrid profile, Banana in the middle with camber under both feet and serrated edge for the icy days and tougher stuff.

· Clever Girl
10,122 Posts
I'm excited to try out the magnatraction this year. Everything I've read has been positive and hopefully it'll make me a little more stable than last year, where I felt like I was using a damn ice skate going down the hills around here :laughing

Congrats on the purchase!

· A.K.A. Vodka Waters
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got back a few days ago from Aspen/Snowmass and have to say the new board pretty much rocks! I used to catch edges all the time last year while cruising and had a tendency to low side with my edges not catching like they should. I hit a few pretty icy runs and the serrated edges held up really well, would highly recommend that profile for anyone who sees icy conditions.

The only downfall I had was on the last day at Snowmass, they had a few runs open that had no business being riden. Trees sticking up through the snow, grass spots, mud, and fucking rocks. I have some pretty nasty gouges now that will have to be professionally removed and also have the metal edges cleaned up. I was pissed about the conditions, but the board was great!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.