Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in a nut shell. I know I'm gonna get beat for this. But.:wtf:
I was on the R1 forum and some dude from Sweden said how he cant get Ralph Lauren shirts in Europe in the color he wants and asking for some help since they don't ship to Europe from States. I felt like helping but most everyone's opinion was it was a scam. So he saw my hot-mail address or some shit in my profile I guess and MSN-d me asking for help. I gave him benefit of the doubt and went on RL web site and even called their Customer serv. Adn they said they can't process EU Credit Cards. SO how likely is this to be a scam.
I'd like to help and still wanna believe that there are still some honest ppl out there.
So what is your guys take on this.
BTW slow day at work so I'm easily amused.:lmao:

·
-= OuterSpace =-
3,513 Posts
Might not be a scam...but one question. WHY?

·
King Nothing, , ,
17,944 Posts
Get a P.O. box, have him send you certified checks for way more than the stuff costs to buy plus shipping and the p.o. rental. Collect the money, buy the stuff for him and take your profit. Get the money first with only your name and p.o. box as his contact. If he doesnt agree, dont do the deal.:cheers:

Although, since you were already IM'ing back and forth, he probably already stole all of your personal info off of your computer anyway!:laughing:

·
[Online]
3,695 Posts
If you want to help him out - have him send the money through Western Union. After you get the cold hard cash in your hands - there's not too much that can go wrong :).

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Get a P.O. box, have him send you certified checks for way more than the stuff costs to buy plus shipping and the p.o. rental. Collect the money, buy the stuff for him and take your profit. Get the money first with only your name and p.o. box as his contact. If he doesnt agree, dont do the deal.:cheers:

Although, since you were already IM'ing back and forth, he probably already stole all of your personal info off of your computer anyway!:laughing:
I guess.:lmao:
I'm computer chalenged. So I really have no idea what I'm getting my self in to.
He offered to Pay pal me money and I really got no time to go and get a PO Box. I was gonna have it shipped to my work. He had me going. And I nearly went trough with it. But he seems little pushy and just very persistant.

·
[Online]
3,695 Posts
Um, guys? ever hear of paypal? that would be my first choice.
NO!!!!

PP really favors the buyers, not sellers. That dude overseas would be the buyer. So all he would have to do after the goods will be in the mail is to dispute the transaction telling "goods not received".

·
King Nothing, , ,
17,944 Posts
Dont use paypal for unknown entities, especially overseas. They will reverse the charges.:cheers:

Western Union moneygram or P.O. box.:cheers:

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts
Some checks are counterfeit and only found out well after the fact, then you get the funds REMOVED from your account.

Trust me, this is a scam. Any buyer can work through a bank to get funds converted to fulfill the order, regardless of where they live.

·
The Halo hides my Horns
12,685 Posts
But there are many scams going on where people print out fake WU checks, which you cash and spend, then WU comes back and takes the money from your account when they realize it's a fake check.

Just have him mail you a Postal Money order or Bank Check...or if it's a large enough purchase, wire directly from his bank to yours (typically costs around $34 to do with most banks). Let the checks clear before you make a move, and then help the dude out.

I've done deals like this before, both to send stuff over seas, and to get stuff from Japan that isn't available here in the US yet.

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,172 Posts
Some checks are counterfeit and only found out well after the fact, then you get the funds REMOVED from your account.

Trust me, this is a scam. Any buyer can work through a bank to get funds converted to fulfill the order, regardless of where they live.

not always, I have helped a few diff guys so I kinda believe it

beware of western union too, I almost got scammed a couple times

people take stolen CCs buy MO and send it to you, you send chit, wester finds out its a scammed card and usually favors the person they paid.

everything sucks.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
He wants 5 polo shirts at $55 a pop or something like that, total nearly $300.
But now we ware talking about shipping and WOW. Both FEDEX and DHL are around $150 for package to Sweden. so If he goes for it its a scam. No way he wants the damn shirts that bad.

O F*ck-me. I'm a such a dummy. I just clicked on his MSN profile and hes got no friends. No personal info. Nothing. Du no man,looks fishy. And a pic hes got on it is "extra gay". Ill tried posting it but it would not copy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
def a scam, i almost fell for one of those last year when i tried to rent my place out thru greg's list.
he is going to send you a check you will deposit it and the check comes back to him with all your routing and account info

·
[Online]
3,695 Posts
He wants 5 polo shirts at $55 a pop or something like that, total nearly $300.
But now we ware talking about shipping and WOW. Both FEDEX and DHL are around $150 for package to Sweden. so If he goes for it its a scam. No way he wants the damn shirts that bad.
Check out USPS. I shipped a laptop overseas for about $60.

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts
def a scam, i almost fell for one of those last year when i tried to rent my place out thru greg's list.
he is going to send you a check you will deposit it and the check comes back to him with all your routing and account info
Yup.. even if the check clears, he has your balls going forward....

·
Serious inquiries only
13,775 Posts
First off, Polo is a popular thing to have over in Europe from what I know... my ex's cousin is in his mid-twenties, and the last time I was there he wanted us to come back to the states and ship him some Polo shirts. When we told him that we can get them for $20US, he had never heard of such a deal. They can sell for up to 100eu, I think...

it's like Ducati, everyone wants one, but nobody can afford them, and they are trendy, only the cool kids have them.

If this guy is a regular poster on an R1 forum, and you think he is somewhat trustworthy, I say why not... but take precautions and do it wisely...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts