Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set from tricktape and they look pretty good! Only thing is they sent me 3 sheets and only used 1. They work great and do not affect light output at all. The ones i have are BLACK. Kind of tough to get since they are always on back order. If you would like one let me know and i will bring it up to Strats tomorrow night. Is anyone going tomorrow? I forgot to add i will NOT charge anyone for it either! :nono Unless that person isnt a member of CLSB. :D Let me know.

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem! Hate to see em go to waste! You going to Strats?

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK! First time there for me so look for an old guy with short chopped hair! :thumbsup Just curious but what time people show up?

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
the party starts a 7pm....but since its getting darler earlyier..i think guys will start shoing up around 6-6:30.

i should be there around 6:30;)

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great See ya then...:cheers

·
Registered
329 Posts
Labdog,

Not so fast... (sorry Ken). FYI - I had vinyl headlight covers on for a while. Depending on how much riding you do at night and where you ride you might want to hold on to at least one of the extras. At direct hit with a fair-sized bug at speed can definitely tear up a cover. After a while you might want to replace it, it won't last forever.

Just my .02 - but of course you can't make enimies by giving away free stuff...

Jeff

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice. The offer still stands for a sheet because i said i would give it to ya. I was surprised at the size of the sheet because i did my headlight (93 Kats' pretty big) and side turn markers as well and still only used 1 sheet with a mistake and lots extra. 1 sheet is more than enough. Once again thanks for the advice and thats what keeps this one of the best sites!
:thumbsup See ya at Strats...............

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
oh wow..i didnt know that jcc_rr...i got some black ones too (had before i pealed them off) and they stuck great..even got rock hits and nothing lifted...that sucks...so YES PLEASE do keep an extra sheet or even both bro...you never know....when you might need it all man;)

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well i will keep one sheet because like you said.......but i will give you the other sheet as well. If i go through 2 full sheets then somethings wrong and anyway after time i would end up losing or destroying em anyway! :D Did you apply the vinyl as directed? I used the hair dryer to make it flexible and then after it was on good i used the heat gun and it actually shrinkwrapped real tight. Who knows:confused They look good for now :)

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
ahh no these didnt come with directions...i just cut the bulk size out...pulled the back off...and pressed it on..and worked the edges and trimed the extra off the sides...there was a few places where no matter what it crimpled on the underside..so i made little slices into the tap and worked it down smooth

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah i had the same so i peeled it off, went to their site, downloaded their instructions. They said if you dont use heat they could tear/rip. After i used the heat you could feel a major difference in adhesion. Just my .02 for anyone...;)

·
Got Milk?
541 Posts
Well Odysseys is running the ones I sell and it takes a lot more then a bug to tear it.. hell ask him :)

I am selling a higher quility viynl then what tricktape is selling. Longer lasting and a very good turn out.

Just to keep everyone posted :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought some and put them on my car. I did lose a little visibility, but nothing like putting blackouts on! I don;t remember where I ordered them from, but it was enough to do two headlights on my sunfire, and I think there's enough leftover to to both front turns and the sidemarkers. Alot more than I though tere was going to be!

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
jcc_rr said:
Labdog,

Not so fast... (sorry Ken). FYI - I had vinyl headlight covers on for a while. Depending on how much riding you do at night and where you ride you might want to hold on to at least one of the extras. At direct hit with a fair-sized bug at speed can definitely tear up a cover. After a while you might want to replace it, it won't last forever.

Just my .02 - but of course you can't make enimies by giving away free stuff...

Jeff

Funny, I had mine since TrickTape started selling them and they havent ripped or tore due to bug impacts. Hell I hit a sparrow and it didnt even phase it.:D:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts