Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,444 Posts
i saw that this morning on yahoo... could it really be him though? or was he playing with those matches and think he started the big fire then freaked out and turned himself in? how can they be 100% sure it was him? side note: i didn't have time to read the whole article.

·
CRF50 Squid
9,583 Posts
Oops! Did I do that?

Kind of makes you wonder if a kid playing with matches can do that, shouldn't people rethink where and how they build their homes? Didn't Mrs. O'Leary's cow teach us anything? Forget WMDs, all I need is a match to be a terrorist.

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
It's easy to convince a kid they did something. I'd like to see more definite proof than an admission to playing with matches in the vicinity.
In lawsuit-happy California I'm sure the cops are pretty-darned-positive the kid did it or else they wouldn't have charged him.

I wonder how many suits will be filed against the parents.

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts
In lawsuit-happy California I'm sure the cops are pretty-darned-positive the kid did it or else they wouldn't have charged him.

I wonder how many suits will be filed against the parents.
"All Suspects are guilty.... otherwise they wouldn't be suspects"

:lmao:

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
"All Suspects are guilty.... otherwise they wouldn't be suspects"

:lmao:
I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that in such a high-profile case and with all the f*ck-ups in law enforcement that have gone on in SoCal I am hoping that they have a mountain of evidence against this kid since they charged him.

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts
I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that in such a high-profile case and with all the f*ck-ups in law enforcement that have gone on in SoCal I am hoping that they have a mountain of evidence against this kid since they charged him.
Believe me, I hope there's irrefutable evidence too... but the act of charging them allows certain things to be set in motion to gather even more evidence to be even more certain if they did or did not do it.

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
Sounds like they just needed to blame someone... poor kid.
Ehhhh, I don't think they're using him as a scapegoat. It sounds like they've got some pretty good evidence. Besides, if they needed a scapegoat it would have been a lot easier to blame it on illegal immigrants.

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts
Ehhhh, I don't think they're using him as a scapegoat. It sounds like they've got some pretty good evidence. Besides, if they needed a scapegoat it would have been a lot easier to blame it on illegal immigrants.
It's California... they'd have blamed (dry) Bush.

·
Raging lunar zoomonkey
2,221 Posts
As I understood the article they are only blaming him for one section of it and that other arsonists came out of the woodwork and started the others. Sort of a get out of jail free card for sick person.

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
Saw Fox News the other day...
[email protected]#$
Al-Qaeda is recruiting em young these days...
damn muslims and mexicans! We need to release some goats on them there hills to keep them at [email protected]

oh.. and the last sentence (except for the goats part) was a joke.. Don't go getting all blah blah blah on me)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts