Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
sv corners faster than r6
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been scoping out used infinity G35/37. Low gas mileage and high maintenance costs are negatives. The 37 doesn't look that great (35 is nicer). Should I be considering other cars? RWD and 6 sp. are non-negotiable LOL.

But then maybe I'll just replace the 13 yr old Sub. Forester with over 200k with a more efficient slightly larger small SUV. This is my tow vehicle for Enduro and Road racing.

Suggestions?

·
stay classy
417 Posts
2013 Mustang GT 5.0 420 hp 6 speed manual RWD 15/26mpg. badass, if you're open to Domestic...

·
Clever Girl
10,122 Posts
335i

·
Moderator,
22,442 Posts
Moved to proper thread.

Since you said high maintenance costs are a negative I won't suggest my favorite sports car. ;)

·
yo quiero su taco
12,463 Posts
The miata interior was drastically updated with the new body style. Nice little car for the money. Hard top convertible with tons of aftermarket engine parts available. Or just shoe horn a V8 into these bad boys and go. It fits the bill on low maintenance, only draw backs are no reclining seats, no storage space, and the stock engine is slow. Any of the typical sports sedans are going to be costly to maintain. There is no way around it. And personally, I think the G series is a grandpas car. Both my bosses with the steel company rocked infinitis, a M and a G, felt like I was going to sunday mass with the parents everytime I got in those cars.

·
Moderator,
22,442 Posts
Kind of leaves the Bimmers behind as well ....

Tom
Pretty much.

OP, generally if you're going for performance you're going to have more maintenance to do.

If you take care of the car an "entry-level" Porsche (like Tom or I have) is a blast to drive and not too hard on the wallet. Upgrades are pricey, but there's nothing like the balance of a mid-engine car.

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,173 Posts
Duh, get a C6 LS2 Vette with a manual. If you want to go cheap get a C5 LS2. If you can find one with a Z51 package you will save on upgrades. You can easily walk away in the low 20s.

Pros:
Faster than snot. Stops on a dime. Turns great. Tons of grip. Will run forever. Makes wonderful V8 sounds. Plastic won't rust out. Easy on parts. If you don't drive like a tool will get well over 20 mpg. Biggest bang for the buck out there. Chicks think they are cool.

Cons:
Just OK gear box. Z51 is a harsh ride at times. Forget about driving it in the snow. Eurosnobs will go "it's a chevy" and "the engine is in the wrong place". :neener: Chicks will think you have a little dick.

For year round fun go either a EVO or WRX and have a gas drifting in corners and snow.

$.02

·
A.K.A. Vodka Waters
3,773 Posts
My future mother in law had a Corvette for about 2 years, just sold it. She picked up her 2006 (don't know what C-model that is) for around 20K. Was a great looking car until she started smoking in it. Anyways, I was really surprised at that price point for as pricy as those cars are new.

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,173 Posts
2006 is a C5. Smoker? Wow... they don't tend to die.

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,173 Posts
Story of my life...

:flip:

Heck I still have the Jones for a GTR.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.