Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not looking to spend a bank of them, something pretty decent cool looking and something that can stand up to me standing on them;)

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
The Woodcraft ones look the best too me. Not sure they have them for the 9r though.

I'm surprised Champ hasn't tried his hand at these.

Ah they have em for your 9r

http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/rearsets.html

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought i heard, they dont have the spot for the rear break light switch or something?
plus too 1" up and back is close to nothing, was looking for like a 2 inch up and maybe 1" back

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Odysseys said:
i thought i heard, they dont have the spot for the rear break light switch or something?
I didn't hear that but ask Kruz he's got them.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts

·
Registered
19,186 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Rearsets:

The Woodcraft(CFM) are probably the cheapest, and very popular with racers because the spares are easily availible.

Other ones would include:

Harris: makes gorgously machined anodized rearsets

Sato's are also nice

Attack

Arata

And Phozed has the Gille's on his 929 they're VERY nice looking!

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
I just saw the attacks and they are sweet, but Ken didn't want to spend to much and they seem pricey. I personally liked the Gille's and they seemed to fit Ken's agenda.:cheers

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Hey (Crazy)!

You been checking my shit out....:confused

Yes I have the CFM Woodcrafts.....got them because of the good feedback from CRs using them. They are designed in pieces so that they can be easily replaced if crashed. (Found that out the hard way)

I think mine were $325 with the levers. Yes you will have to modify the brake light, but it's looks easy enough to do. I did have to slightly enlarge one of the holes since the bolt would not fit through. I called the company and they are aware of the problem. I believe this was exclusive to the F4i.

Ken.....2 inches is alot......1 inch up and back was plenty for me (insert joke here)

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow it looks like the gilles, came down it price, i thought they were like 325.00 when i last looked at them, i do like them out of the most , but just not sure on those 2 little screws holding the whole rear half, basicly they will take all the weight right there

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Vortex was my other consideration....

Those other brands get pricey.....remember it's a piece of aluminum that you are going to scrape up and possibly crash.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Kruz said:
Hey (Crazy)!

You been checking my shit out....:confused

I'm watchin' you man:D :laughing :laughing :laughing

Ken,
HMMMMM???? Maybe you can check out Phozed's Gilles and see if they are sturdy enough for your liking.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i am gonna do that when ever i see steve again, we were both gonna order them on a GP over at fireblade but i never did cause if fear my big ass might bend them...but i just havent gotten around to it yet

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm i've been thinking about the same thing

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
My Vortex rearsets don't have a brake light switch. It doesn;t really matter IMO. If you are actually stopping hard, your using the frotn brake anyway.

The Vortex are cheap with no frills.. but the ywork fine. The levers are a little long for me and I'd like a little shorter throw with the shifter. (ohhh there's another winter project for the local machine shop) I wouldn't recommend them over any of the other unlesss you're really tight on cash. I think I only paid $225.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Odysseys said:
wow it looks like the gilles, came down it price, i thought they were like 325.00 when i last looked at them, i do like them out of the most , but just not sure on those 2 little screws holding the whole rear half, basicly they will take all the weight right there

LMAO:laughing The price didn't drop, your looking at a BRITISH website with prices in BRITISH POUNDS!!!!

265.00GBP = $421.27 USD:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger but you wouldn't pay the 17.5%VAT(euro only), you would have to pay shipping to the US.

Also remember you DON'T want your rearsets to be very rigid, some flex is good....you don't want rearsets so solid they could rip the mounting points off your frame in a crash. Much better to have them bend or break a little replaceable screw.

Phozed Gille's can handle my 220lbs standing on them, your about the same weight no?

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Crazy said:
I'm surprised Champ hasn't tried his hand at these.
lol You never looked at my bike did ya. Custom made. And yeah Ody they stand up to my 275#:D

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
found a pic of mine

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Those are pretty sharp there Champ....betcha Oddy would paint my bike for free if you made him some of those....:)

·
Registered
747 Posts
actually I never got the Gillies - I have the Moriwakis (or however you spell it). Got em used off some guy for 300$ - they have heaps of adjustments and are a solid piece of hardware, want me to post a pic?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts