Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sometimes i feel the urge to kick a persons face in because they pissed me off BUT i always have a short fuse. ALSO sometimes people dont know there being a jerk sometimes...and i DONT sometimes (99%) of the time feel like being the nice guy to reason with them.

so what would you do.? grab and smash or talk and get more pissed and walk away wishing you did something about taking insults?

(this is all just hypothetical)

i will give you guys my thoughts after all the posting to this thread;)

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
I personally don't ever resort to hitting someone unless I feel threatened.

I'm pretty good at riling people up with my big mouth:D so I would do that first. I hate to pund somebody for being a prick that most of the time they don't even know they are being. Most of the time they think your goofing around with them when they're really pissing them off. That's when things get out of hand. They need to know they are pissing you off.

Is it me.:confused :confused :confused :confused :D :laughing

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i said this was hypothetical, i am just looking to see the general out look on this subject. thats all

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
sticks & stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me...:rolleyes

a little verbal repartee never hurt anything but your feelings

the only time to get physical is when someone else is unreasonable and is about to be or has already gotten physical too.

cut down on the nicotine and caffeine :nono

:rofl

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
I generally leave hitting as a last resort. There's just too many jerks who will take advantage if they know it's not on your list of choices.

Generally you don't even have to make them look like fools in front of their peers. They do that for you. You just have to make it obvious!

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
As far as the physical stuff. I haven't had to resort to anything. Wouldn't unless I was threatened. Bad situations, I just steer clear from. Side it helps being a bigger person. Haven't found too many people willing to go the distance if ya know what I mean. :D

Sides words are words and people are idiots with lips. Nothing much would bother me.

·
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!
2,765 Posts
I've never been agains a scuffel, but haven't had to resort to that for years and it was always a self defense issue by then!

Personally, it takes a hellalot to piss me off,

sign #1....I totally quit talking to you
sign #2....You'll see the veins on forhead standing off about an inch
Sign #3....I'll get verbally brutal, to the point where it usually deflatets the situation because it leaves the person sayin, "Holy shit, did that come out of his mouth?" and by then I've walked off.
sign #4....you're staring at the ceiling

People are rearly ever to get me to #3 and I can count on one hand how many times I've been at 4. I hurt a guy pretty good once, didn't like how I felt after that, and never want to get back to that feeling again.

I'm generally a light hearted person, but when I get grumpy, it pretty much just means leave me alone. If someone pisses me off, there won't be any doubts that they are.

By now there isn't a whole lot anyone can say to piss me off. I've all ready heard it so it's like, whiptydoo for you! And IF someone is able to get creative in an insult, I usually laugh at them because I've finally heard something new. It doesn't biss me off then, but then pisses them off more since now I'm laughing!

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
I'd suggest an anger management class. :) One wrong punch and you might be in jail for the rest of your life or at least in the poor house. :(

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good answer guys:cheers

now take your same thoughts of what you felt...and pretend there is no law agasint it..and you cant sue someone for hitting them(really imply this is you mind now)

do you think this would change your mind on your out look?

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Hope this helps this is an experience gone wrong.

BTW: there were two losers of this game and I was one of them.

I used to shoot alot of pool at a Pool hall in Crestwood. One time I was playing with a friend and a bunch of guys came in creating a scuffing talking about my friend hitting on one of their girlfriends. The owner was a friend of mine to so I felt it necessary to keep the peace. I asked them to leave and get over it. They did, so I thought. I went outside and they were waiting. Only now they were mad at me for kicking them out. I let one get to close to me and in my face while we were exchanging words the whole time and I wasn't paying attention that I was way out numbered. The guy turned around and looked like he was leaving so I turned around to. I saw a few more guys coming toward me when I turned and then bam. The other guy who I thought turned around came back and wacked me in the back of the head. The other guys tackled me and then kicked me in the face multiple times. I must of protected my right side cause every bone in the left side of my face was crushed. I'll spare you the details on that cause some of you already know. The cops come and all but one, the origianl guy that got in my face got away.

What's the point? I believe I did the right thing by using words. I did the wrong thing when that guy got in my face. He crossed the line and even though I felt threatened I waited till it was too late to act.

There were two losers though. I spent time in the Hospital and he spent time in County :D

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and how would you feel if i called you one night and you showed up and he was bound and gagged in the trunk of a car just waiting for you to kick his face in...would you walk away?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Odysseys said:
good answer guys:cheers

now take your same thoughts of what you felt...and pretend there is no law agasint it..and you cant sue someone for hitting them(really imply this is you mind now)

do you think this would change your mind on your out look?
I don't think the absence of consequences would change my behavior that much. In my personal situation I could careless about someone sueing me or getting me arrested, I have little, therfore I have little to lose. On the other hand if I was a business owner with actual assets I would be inclined to protect those assests. One lawsuit and some jagoff could own your business and house!

I don't look for conflict, I've got a short fuse but its hard to light ;-)

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Odysseys said:
and how would you feel if i called you one night and you showed up and he was bound and gagged in the trunk of a car just waiting for you to kick his face in...would you walk away?

:laughing :laughing :laughing I'd like a few rounds with the guy one on one personally.:D :evil :evil I'd love to see the guy fight me for his life.

I would never though. As much as I would love to do something I know what's right and what's wrong. Laws or no laws. I could live me life without the revenge. If I felt he threatened me again on the otherhand he would get twice the smackdown I would have gave him in the first place.;)

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
NOWadays...I really don't seem to get into those kind of situations anymore.

In the past, I was much more likely to swing first, ask questions later. I am usually the guy backing up my buds though, no one ever seemed to pick on me. I'm pretty easy going and easy to get along with. I'm usually with at least a few friends and I trust most of them to watch my back. I don't hang out with sissies :tongue

If I was completely outnumbered and had no way to drop the dude that was in my face and get away with it, I would sadly have to say I would walk away from the situation.

Ken are you pissed at me for calling you the $6mm man?

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very interesting guys....very interesting.

(Also too just so you guys know there is such a thing and general liability insurance 1 for business and 2 for personal) oh and that's if you actually do it out in the open and stick around for the cops to show up.:evil I would think...most guys are smart enough to bid there time in which such and act would seem deemed for them to act on. OR if the time and place was active...well most of us know how to make the other guy hit first;)

But nonetheless guys..keep em coming.

If most havent done so...go back and read the whole thread and everyone's reply so far.
Interesting ever wonder why there is crime and assault on help victim's? ever wonder why there isnt a cop around when you need one?...ever wonder why this happened to me?, ever wonder why could this have been stopped?

questions , questions, questions...1 simple answer.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
VERY true guys

and you never know when you are gonna try that shit on the guy that can beat your ass .. i don't care who you are, there's always somebody that can kick your ass. you just never know when your paths will cross

dont want to use my self as the example here but (example)when your trianed to kill or let alone carry an equalizer things are always in your favor.

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
Odysseys said:
If there were no laws against it, I could imagine a situation where it would be nice to just pop some loudmouth in the face to make them think twice the next time.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Odysseys said:
VERY true guys

dont want to use my self as the example here but (example)when your trianed to kill or let alone carry an equalizer things are always in your favor.
I with michael on that one...

You never know who your mixing it up with. That is dangerous. You don't know if weapons will be involved...ect And the toughest guy I have ever met sure doesn't look the part( not you Ken, you look the part ;-).

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
I have been known to have a short fuse in the past. But now I have a wife and a home and too many responsibilities. I tend to just stay out of those situations. But if one should happen to cross my path where my life was threatened I would have no problem taking them out and making them disappear. or better yet take out one of his enemies and stash the body inthe truck of his car with the murder weapon. Then place an annonomous tip with the local PD.

Give him a life of misery with Bubba. :D

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
vtr996 said:

You never know who your mixing it up with. That is dangerous. You don't know if weapons will be involved...ect And the toughest guy I have ever met sure doesn't look the part( not you Ken, you look the part ;-).
Yup its the quiet ons you have to be carefull off. Come to think of it, Ernie is kinda quiet, has anyone checked his truck latly. :laughing :laughing :laughing

1 - 20 of 66 Posts