Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was out riding with a couple friends Friday night. We wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary just the regualr run,I55 to lakeshore drive then to sheridan and back. I was leading when we came up on the Hollywood turn right before Sheridan. As I went through the turn I heard a scraping noise, I looked back and My friend Juan Espinosa's bike was sliding behind me. I pulled over and thought it was a simple lowside,but turn out to be a bit more. :( He hit the turn a little to hot, the bike drifted into the wall and just after the wall was a telephone pole. :( Juan was laying there face down lifeless. The emergency respone team was there within minutes and as we put him in the Ambulance I knew it wasn't good. Needless to say my good friend was taken from us. He was a goodfriend and person to everyone. Sorry to ramble but I can't get it out of my head. I've always heard about motorcycle fatalities, but never witnessed one. It's really freaking me out. :(

·
Work In Progress...
2,003 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Life throws us curve balls all the time.
Be strong my friend ,for his family and those that loved him.

R.I.P. :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
your loss

I am so sorry for your loss. RIP for your friend. One can never prepare themselves when they actually see the incident happen. talk about it with your friends and allow yourself to grieve. My prayers are with you and your friend.

Qanik

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I'm going over to talk to his family today which is going to be real hard. Yesterday afternoon we put up a little memorial for him at the accident site. One lady came down from her apartment and brought flowers which I thought was a nice thing to do. Thanks for letting me ramble.

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
R.I.P. - Our deepest sympathies to you and his family.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
OMG I'm sorry to hear. R.I.P. Bro.:(

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
R.I.P. bro:( :(

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
:( RIP :(

·
Special Agent Lance Boyle
6,704 Posts
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. It always hurts to hear about a brother going down, RIP:(

·
Wannabe racer
2,360 Posts
I second what others have said.

Sorry for your loss, and definitely talk to people about it get it out in the open. If you hold it in it will probably only become more difficult. Hang in there and my condolences to you, his family, and friends.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My friend

Someone left candles there and I've been going out there to keep them lit. If any ofyou pass by and see the candles out please PM me so I can re light them. Thanks for all your posts it means alot.

-john

1 - 20 of 20 Posts