Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well that was fun.

good to ride with Dave & Karen again.

thought I'd be home by midnight though. oops oh well, it's not like I have to get up and work much tomorrow. summer department picnic :laughing

it was cool meeting some of the newer folks on the ride tonight too.

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh...and Jughead...the pipes were funny looking with your melted heel prints on both sides, but now it has character on the left side...we'll just tell everyone that you railed through a left hand sweeper on Lake Shore Drive like your new hero Nicky H. and scuffed off the peg feeler and exhaust can with your maaaaad super lean angle skills :rofl

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Sounds good;), yes it has some character now.:twofinger

Ernie said:
oh...and Jughead...the pipes were funny looking with your melted heel prints on both sides, but now it has character on the left side...we'll just tell everyone that you railed through a left hand sweeper on Lake Shore Drive like your new hero Nicky H. and scuffed off the peg feeler and exhaust can with your maaaaad super lean angle skills :rofl

·
Slayed by the Dragon
626 Posts
Great time Dave!:cheers I enjoyed the retro ride, and I had a lot of fun and it is the first time I use my ChatterBox in months. It still works.:jester

It was nice to meet all the new faces and make some new friends. :D

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
OFFICIAL SUZUKI RIDE!!

:thumbsup
Dave, thanks for putting this together. You did a great job of keeping the group together, which was very difficult considering we had so many people spread out so far, especially in the urban areas. Those chatterboxes came in handy. Everytime I head out I find some new road to explore. I'll have to hit a couple of those some weekend. Probably easier to ride when you can look through the corners. ;)

I probably should have stuck around. Oops. The guy I bought my old bike from told me to go downtown at night. I'll have to do that some other time. I was getting tired and the ride home alone probably would have been less than exciting.

It was nice to meet BroBill, Torn1, Moto178, Jenny, and the others I probably missed. And whoa, Michael and Kevin made it out for rides. Rarely see them. :helmet Sorry if I didn't get to say goodbye to EVERYBODY, but that would have cut into riding time for you :nono

Oh, AND WHICH BIKE WAS MOST REPRESENTED ON THIS RIDE?
Got to give it up for the SV! I need to get the Renegade pipe here soon. If I can't get the british bike (yet) I may as well get the british pipe.

We also had GSX-Rs and even a Bandit there. Only 4 Hondas and 1 F4i. Don't see THAT too often.

I'm off to put some zip ties in my tankbag and rear seat storage :laughing

Chris

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Sorry I couldn't make it guys. Brobill called me but I just couldn't get my lazy butt off the couch last nite.:D :D The wife and I watched Shrek:D :laughing :laughing

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Odysseys said:
ya know?....i thought i saw someone trying to peak in my windows last night!:laughing

:rofl :rofl :rofl

You don't even know how hard I'm laughing right now. :laughing :laughing :laughing

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
Re: OFFICIAL SUZUKI RIDE!!

GroverSV650S said:
[BOh, AND WHICH BIKE WAS MOST REPRESENTED ON THIS RIDE?
Got to give it up for the SV! [/B]
2 SV's does not beat out the 3 gixxers that were there at the start. Me, Ernie, and Moto178. Sounds to me like the GSX-R was in the hizzouse.

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Re: Re: OFFICIAL SUZUKI RIDE!!

Vcook said:

2 SV's does not beat out the 3 gixxers that were there at the start. Me, Ernie, and Moto178. Sounds to me like the GSX-R was in the hizzouse.
Somehow we picked up another SV (at the gas station?) So yes, the the Gixxers lead at SOW but we had more SVs on the ride. But, does the extra one count? :confused

Anyways, 'twas fun riding with everybody. Hope everything went well with your extra errands Vcook. Sounded like you had a full plate.

Chris

·
Moderator,
2,978 Posts
Odysseys said:
ya know?....i thought i saw someone trying to peak in my windows last night!:laughing
BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!:rofl

The Zooki's were definately in the house last night. It was great meeting some new guys, and good to see you out again, Dave. I had a great time. Nice meeting you TORN 1, and thanks for rolling with me out to SOW. We'll need to hook up and ride more often. NORTHSIDE representin! Yeah, so it's tough to act gansta when you live a couple blocks from boystown. :rolleyes

PEACE!!!!!:twofinger

·
Wannabe racer
2,360 Posts
Well made it home about 1 AM, oh well!

It was fun meeting all the people I hadn't seen before and great seeing the people I used to ride with all the time.

Grover, don't bother with zip ties man over time the extra pieces will just come apart, fall off, and you can tell people it was never the S model it came naked :laughing

It is difficult to keep a group that large together chatterboxes really help, just wish mine would work all the time. I'm not sure what is up with them I ran into the same problem when Ernie and I were at the GAP. Oh well at least I could hear when the group got spllit I just couldn't talk back which is probably best for those who had chatterboxes.

As far as the bikes, the Gixxers would have ruled, because there was another one that was black silver and red I think. Sorry if I didn't catch everyone's name. Hopefully I can figure them out through this thread.

Kevin, hang onto that RC while it's on the kickstand will ya? :laughing

I hope everyone enjoyed it, and Anna YES THIS WAS THE SLOW RIDE! :D Actually TAME was more of what I was wanting to try and focus on. For all of those who commented on me not being around, I'm always around just sometimes get busy with other things, like right now the Track is pretty high on my radar so I'm not sure how many of these rides I'll be doing, but someone else can easily put together the same "kind" of ride, and it will be just as fun. Great time everyone.

·
Registered
980 Posts
That would be mine I think. If you're talking about the custom dented one. Had a great time last night, just barely got up. Got back at around 1. Almost fell asleep in the helmet. Well worth it though. Thanks guys, oh and girls

1 - 20 of 46 Posts