Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice set of Vortex cli-ons that don;t have enough clearance when mounted abov ethe triple tree in place of the stockers. After riding Kevin's Ducati, I realized how high mine are and also noticed that his bike wasn't that unconfortable IMO.

So I wanted ot know. Would lowering the Clip-ons 3" down improve my handling. I've never seen how the supersport guys are setting up their bikes. I know if I take off the ram air covers there is enough clearance. The vortex clip-on are also 1" forward. Looking at the ergonomics published in Motorcyclist, that would give my F4i nearly identical ergo's as the GSXR600, except my seat is lower (but my rearsets are closer). I always feel like on the track or in the twisties my arms feel kind of high, not quite awkward, but almost.

I was just wondering if there were any problems to consider when doing this. An I going to need a steering dampner with the extra front end weight?

What d oyou guys think?

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know it won;t change the geometry, jsut my riding position. It should help me get more weight on the front tire. The ram air covers are the gray plastic trim pieces next to the tank. I hav eot take the moff to get enough clearance for the clip-ons. Someone did this on another wite.

I was just wondering if this was a common way to set-up a F4i for the track. Thanks for the input. I'll give it a try.

Do you guys think the reduced weight in the steering will cause more headshakes. I know it already give me a good shake if I'm riding tight in the arms when I go to WOT in a hgih speed turn like exiting onto the front straiht at Gratton.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tired it.... didn;t work. There is almost no steering clearance. I really liked the position too.:( Poop.

Anyone want to buy some 43mm clip-ons? The R6 uses 43mm forks too. They are also slanted less than the R6, and can be adjusted in/out. They are about 1/2 further forward.

I'm wondering what the hell the factory SS riders do??? They must have some really trick custom made clip-ons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.