Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lunch at my work is out of control...

I've gained 20lbs in the last year from these dam FREE lunches.
Does anyone else chow down at work?

Today's menu taken from out internal website...yes we have a daily menu. I usually make a salad, but today's two main entrees were delcious, I had to have both. Don't foget the fresh still warm cookies abd brownies EVERYDAY. Today I sampled two patritoic sugar cookie with white frosting and red/blue star sprinkles.

BTW...you can eat as much as you want.

:D = in my stomach
Monday
Cheese and Corn Chowder :D
Tossed Salad
Baby Spinach
Fresh Fruit Salad
Steamed Cauliflower
Chicken Penne Tuscany :D
Spicy Wedge Cut Potatoes :D
Gyros :D
Deli Bar with Assorted Breads

Tuesday
Split Pea Soup
Tossed Salad
Baby Spinach
Fresh Fruit Salad
Roasted Vegetable Medley
BBQ Braised Brisket
Baked Potatoes
Honey Dijon Turkey Wrap

Wednesday
Tortellini Soup
Tossed Salad
Baby Spinach
Fresh Fruit Salad
Steamed Broccoli
Lemon Pepper Perch
Roasted Garlic Potatoes
Italian Beef on a Roll

Thursday
Beef Barley Soup
Tossed Salad
Baby Spinach
Fresh Fruit Salad
Green Beans with Almonds
Roasted Pork Loin
Potato Pancakes
Chicken Etoufee

Friday
Manhatten Clam Chowder
Tossed Salad
Baby Spinach
Fresh Fruit Salad
Southwest Corn
Grilled Santa Fe Chicken
New Mexico Style Rice
Pepperoni Stromboli

·
3,613 Posts
Ugh, yes. All this free food is making me gain weight, too, I think. We have three different options for dinner, as well as two soups, salad bar, a starch, a vegetable, and, of course, desert. Oh, and if you don't want any of that, there's a bunch of sandwich stuff, and three different kinds of chips to go with it. And, during the day, they have ice cream, which I miss out on. :(

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Used to have that Problem when I worked for Spear Leeds and Kellog. They don't feed us here. But at the other place they used to bring in bakery doughnuts in the morning and they'd have just about anything under the sun delivered for lunch. I lost 20lbs the first year I started here.:D

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's completely ridiculous....I'd rather take the $1800 ($7 X 260 days) and provide my own lunch. I'd still be 200lbs if that was an option.

·
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!
2,765 Posts
Crap, if the food here was FREE....I'd weigh 400lbs by now.

Damn, but I have to pay for mine.....shucks!

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
It's a ploy to keep you inside, diligently working!!!;)

·
3,613 Posts
KBOlsen said:
It's a ploy to keep you inside, diligently working!!!;)
It certainly is. I don't even get a lunch break or whatever--I just eat at my desk, in between working. It's all good though, really, my job's still pretty easy. :D

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
We get free lunches here about 3 or 4 days out of the week....all depending on when we have the mutual fund wholesalers coming in. I eat alot on those days........
:cheers

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Regular staffers get the option of a 30 minute free lunch donwstairs in the dining room or 60 minutes outside the office at your own expense.

I eat at my desk and surf for 30 minutes then go outside to run errands or just try to walk it off. Being the boss is nice. :D

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
you ever heard of food moderation?

you fat bastids:evil (yeah i fall into the chubby class too so dont bust me chops.) umm pork chops

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Kruz said:
I'll keep you in mind if/when a jr position comes up. We just rolled out a high yield closed end fund and it was extremely successful so we are trying to add staff support that product.
Great. working for Nathain Partain's DNP Select income fund would probably help me out on that one:D

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
IM having whatever i want for lunch whatya think about that!!!

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Michael said:

way to bring it back on topic Jim .. we'll see if it sticks! :D
Happy:evil :evil :evil

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Kruz said:
It's my topic so I can go :eek:t if I want:p
I know John it was your thread but we did go way off and what we talked about would be some good info for some guys so I split it to another thread about school.;) :D

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The whole thread is screwed up....I never followed where Mikey's comment about caging it up to Strat's came from?

hah .. i won't be available for whatever it is you have planned .. but i will probably be caging it tomorrow also.

·
3,613 Posts
Crazy said:
so I split it to another thread about school.;) :D
Which also happens to include the lunch menu from my work for yesterday. :D

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
maks said:
Which also happens to include the lunch menu from my work for yesterday. :D
oops sorry maks

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Michael said:

there's a whole bunch of posts missing .. but just so you know, it was in response to a post Ken made about caging it up to strats. :twofinger
Yeah...Ken was going to use the KY on him this time. It's in the other thread.:D :laughing :laughing

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Kruz said:
The whole thread is screwed up....I never followed where Mikey's comment about caging it up to Strat's came from?

OK call it practice for me an dforgive me for skrewing up your post.:D :laughing :laughing

1 - 20 of 29 Posts