Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any details on this club. It's really close to my home base and I drove up there last night to scope out the happenings. People were nice. I spoke with Don who owns IL Gun Works (I think). He was a sort of operations manager or senior range officer last night (my guess).

Anyway, I'm thinking of becoming a "shooting member" for $100 but they don't pro-rate memberships and everything expires at the end of the year. So maybe I'll hold off until January.

They have a handgun range and an archery range which would really save me the hour commute out to Blackwell. To use the archery and handgun range you need to be a full member which is a $750 initial cost and $350 annually afterwords (or approx). I guess during your initial year you have to volunteer 3 or 4 times and then you are done.

Full members also get to use the lake which might be nice for fishing with kids and canoeing, especially since it's so close to me.

Anyone have experience shooting here or is already a full member able to sponsor (I'm a decent bloke).

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm a member there, I don't shoot there much any more as the Wednesday night crowd kinda fizzed out. However, they do through a nice trap target.

Pistol range is not bad. Some of the old guys complain when you bring out anything bigger than a 9mm. I'm just a shooting member, a friend of mine as been a full member for a number of years. I do most of my shotgun shooting at Northbrook in Greys Lake.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a member there, I don't shoot there much any more as the Wednesday night crowd kinda fizzed out. However, they do through a nice trap target.

Pistol range is not bad. Some of the old guys complain when you bring out anything bigger than a 9mm. I'm just a shooting member, a friend of mine as been a full member for a number of years. I do most of my shotgun shooting at Northbrook in Greys Lake.

Cheers!
hi there. still a member of maywood sportsmen?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts