Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Human lawn dart
5,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this viea e-mail shortly after my g/f called and told me they were evacuating the merc cause of a fire

There is a fire (under control) at the Mercantile exchange, the result of a kitchen exhaust fire from one of the restaurants in the building. This information has been received from the Chicago Emergency Communications Center. While they are evacuating portions of the building, the situation seems to be under control. There is no cause for alarm in any of our other Chicago locations.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
I saw all the smoke and Fire trucks there on the way to the train yesterday. It looked bad with all the sirens and trucks, but I heard it was just smoke that got through the ventilation system and nobody was hurt:D

·
Human lawn dart
5,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my G/F that works there said she saw someone being rolled out that had some burns.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I was watching the news and they were saying that alot of people didn't ever even hear any fire alarms going off. i was just wondering if your girlfriend did?

·
Registered
899 Posts
A bunch of our consultants work there. They got to go home early. Lucky shits. They were in the OTHER tower and they got evacuated too. I guess it was a pretty nasty fire.

·
Human lawn dart
5,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She said that there was no fire alarm. They were told to leave by email.. Her operations department didn't even leave.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Sounds like what happened here last week. They didn't let anyone up but didn't tell anyone to come down either. we didn't even know there was a fire till someone who was stuck trying to come up was allowed to come up after the fire was out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts