Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using it. I just got a new Computer and it came with it. Lots of changes coming from Win 98. Need to get used to it.

I did manage to network the Internet line tonight. Just need to figure out how to link the 2 computers.

·
Registered
18,079 Posts
I had it at my office and ended up reloading 98 on new computers. I got so fed up with it. Dont ask what I was fed up with because I never found out what the issues were. Just a ton of unexplained lockups. :confused :confused After thousands of dollars on network support I pulled the plug on it

·
3,613 Posts
Yeah, I'm usin' it. Did you have a question, or just takin' a survey? :twofinger

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just throwin it out there seeing what the general take is on it. thats all.

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
I'm gonna put XP on my new puter when I finish it. After I get the second HD, I'm putting Linux on that one.

·
Give 'em hell guys!!
184 Posts
I've got XP PRO at home and I like it. I do alot of digital photo's and that fact that it shows all of the photo's as thumbnails saves tons of time.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I am running xp pro at home and I have very little problems linking two computerrs while sharing the Internet is tricky though but overall it is a nice HOME platform I would hate it at work if I had to use it there you have to take your time and get used to it as far as lockup I found a majority of lockups are caused by older drivers so only those Upgrading to xp will se problems and those will be minimal unless you have alot of win 2k or win 98 specific programs.

·
Work In Progress...
2,003 Posts
I have XP Professional, and love it. It has never locked up on me or had any problems that I can think of :bs Well to tell you the truth, it has been good. Not perect, but good. I use my computer for work/ pleasure..and it suits me just fine

·
Workin' up to the track
801 Posts
XP and home and Win2K at work on a laptop. While not perfect, both are far more stable than my Win98 boxes, especially my Win98 laptop. If you have DSL and want to network your PCs ck out this link.

Link to DSL network offer

·
CLSB SuperHero
1,808 Posts
Had XP installed and absolutely hated it, so I went back to 98SE.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
favorednation said:
If you have DSL and want to network your PCs ck out this link.

Link to DSL network offer
I have a high speed wireless Internet connection (DLS) I will never deal with Ameritech or SBC in regards to DSL. Got jerked around for 4 years now. Take my order, cancel it crap like that. They cant get their act together. One doept says its the other. No one there knows anything. O dont get me started.:mad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts