Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 'slight' problem with the dakota (like this is a first:lmao: ).

Power steering crap.

Mine is SPRAYING fluid all over the left side of the rack and crossmember & a-arm. Cant find the leak. Already replaced the pressure line and it still does it. Have a new pump but havent got around to installing it. Hoping its the pump or teh return line since I really dont want to replace teh rack.

A-arm bushing. Can these (upper) be replaced WITHOUT removing the a-arm on these trucks?

Weird noise. Only happens on right hand sharp turns under power. Kinda a growl but faint. Doesnt happen when I keep teh clutch in and round the corner. Just when its on the gas.

·
CLSB's Florida Chapter.,
22,652 Posts
well..

the leak if its leaking out that bad should be easy to find i would think.

a-arm must be removed

noise i would have to drive it to give you my opinion.

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went out and degreased the whole freaking thing today (in a slight rain sprinkle no less). Gonna take a chance and just replace the pump (already have it on hand) and return hose and see where that goes. Salvage yard that has a good used sub 40K mile unit for $75 was closed for some damn reason today. Oh come on spring so I can get a different vehicle. Anything thats NOT made by Chrysler. :laughing

BTW Mopar I hear you dont know how to read a scope and are clueless for being a mopar tech.:lmao:

·
Cuddlie as a koala
7,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found the leak. In the input shaft area. Went out this morning and followed the drip trail. So looks like a new rack after all. :mad Just glad the racks easily accessible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts