Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

my first deer

601 views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  samal 
#1 ·
I got my first deer today after day and a half hunting in IN!

can wait to get the meat from the processor!
I froze my ass and shot the deer in the bottom of deep valley and had to drag it uphill with one of these deer harnesses - Holy shit, I haven't worked so hard physically since the army days!

was hiding in plain view, as the slope was too steep for the blind and we did not have a tree stand - so I just sat on the ground half covered in fallen leaves and did not move.

This is the view from my position to the bottom of the valley

this is approximately where I was sitting from the place where deer was shot

the dreaded shoulder shot - thick winter glove made me jerk the shot - I was aiming couple inches lower and to the right, but was shooting unsupported, sitting on my ass on the slope and had only about 3 seconds for the shot - she was moving and trees were getting in the way

the spot where she expired - she ran about 30 yards, crossed the creek and dropped. .44 mag Hornady 225gr FTX Leverevolution worked great - one lung pulverized, one punctured, did not find the bullet, but definitely caused enough damage

My setup. rolled up blanket for a seat, bag for a backrest, rifle, and gloves. the shooting stick was not used, the square paper is a wrapper from the hand warmer

See less See more
#11 ·
Wow, you're really taking this seriously. I've got some catching up to do. See you next weekend!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.