Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Illegitimi non Carborundu
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, 46 days after an accident that quite nearly took my life, I had my first self-driven motorcycle ride. I started by taking a slow leisurely ride around my block. I leaned to both sides while stopped without feeling much weakness at all in my right leg. I felt no pains or stiffness anywhere.

I decided to go out onto busier roads, adjusted myself in the seat with no pains at all. I felt a little discomfort in my shoulder, but the rest of me was fine.

There aren't too many, if any, riding days left without strapping on some heavy winter gear. I wanted to get back on the horse and fight the demon, and I did. I feel good. I'll limit it quite a bit, but it felt REALLY good to ride today.

I definitely count myself lucky and actually, without being too cheesy, feel like I have a slightly better perspective on life.

Thanks, again, for everyone here who called, wrote, came to see me, wished me well, helped me when I needed it... It is highly appreciated. Thanks specially to Tony and Ken for running a community that nourishes good will toward other people within it.

Today was a good day.

·
Fear is the mind killer
8,770 Posts
"Do you know who I am, I'm the juggernaut bitch" :bow :thumbsup

Reactions: JoJo

·
Resident Slow Guy
7,386 Posts
:cheers:

·
Enjoying Life!!
17,771 Posts
:thumbsup

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
glad to see ya back on mang. Def a rough the first time back on it.

btw i still gotta sign that helmet mang :)

·
Registered
951 Posts
Glad to hear about your success! Good luck and mad props to you for getting back on the bike :)

·
Illegitimi non Carborundu
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awesome :cheers:
Must be nice to have 37 bikes :twofinger
:neener: :jester
Down to 4 now... Until Spring time that is. :biker2:

·
Thee original azzhole!
6,912 Posts
way to go paul...take your time though buddy....no need to rush it...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts