Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just aquired my next 2 wheel project, a 2005 YZF450. It won't be for dirt as i'm building a supermoto. It also isn't going to be blue much longer. I ordered up a hurricane yellow and black plastic and graffics kit for it. Tomarrow I am going to strip it down and send out the frame and swingarm for black powdercoat. Then the forks and shock are going to Enzo racing for supermoto valving, springs, and a fresh rebuild. Keep an eye out for the progress as I will be posting it up as I go. My goal is to have it done by March for it's first trackday in Florida. I am also going to try and make it street legal if the State lets me.

·
Armed law abiding citizen
19,052 Posts
That is a great looking bike. Good to start with such a clean bike to start with. Geomoto made moto pimp as hell, I am sure yours will look great too.

I want a dirt bike so bad now. As soon as I get a truck, I will have a dirtbike within the week.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is a great looking bike. Good to start with such a clean bike to start with. Geomoto made moto pimp as hell, I am sure yours will look great too.

I want a dirt bike so bad now. As soon as I get a truck, I will have a dirtbike within the week.
It is VERY clean for a dirtbike. It has under 20 hours on it and is completely stock. I would love to ride dirt again, but it is very dangerous and I don't know if I can afford to start braking bones again. I'm going to keep the dirt wheels and tires so I can go trail riding on occasion.
You don't need a truck for a dirtbike, a $400 trailer from Menards will easily tow behind a car. I've seen a Focus towing 3 dirtbikes before.

·
6Teen Cycles
3,350 Posts
YES! Another convert, soon we will take over the world. Congrats!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YES! Another convert, soon we will take over the world. Congrats!
Yeah, it's a tough club to get into though. You supermoto guys are all secretive and stuff. I tried to join the supermoto website you all recommended and they haven't granted me a membership yet!
I see there are more parts geared towards Honda's though. Have you found any good Yamaha supermoto sites yet?

·
6Teen Cycles
3,350 Posts
Yeah, it's a tough club to get into though. You supermoto guys are all secretive and stuff. I tried to join the supermoto website you all recommended and they haven't granted me a membership yet!
I see there are more parts geared towards Honda's though. Have you found any good Yamaha supermoto sites yet?
Yeah they do some background checks and make sure you have good cedit before they let you in. We like to keep the rif raff out:lmao:

There really isn't anything too specific to one bike or another. Let me know what your looking for and I can point you the right way. Most of my cool bling parts are straight off a standard dirbike cept the rims and f brake.

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
Kickass!!!

I might just have to sign up for the March day and bring the KTM so we can have some handlebar bangin 'tard battles! You will soon learn the power of the Orange side, young Skywalker!! :evil

·
6Teen Cycles
3,350 Posts
BTW the hurricane body kit is:1pimp Good choice. I was gonna do the same buy my body work was brand new when I picked it up as a dirtbike. big accent on the was.:laughing:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kickass!!!

I might just have to sign up for the March day and bring the KTM so we can have some handlebar bangin 'tard battles! You will soon learn the power of the Orange side, young Skywalker!! :evil
If I had a cheater 525, I would be bragging about the power too!
Tell me you and your buddy are coming in March, that guy was hilarious. Seriously though, it wouldn't be cool if you don't come. Hopefully your 749 will be roadworthy by then.

·
Registered
646 Posts
My '98 Neon has 126K miles. I want something a little newer anyways.
I tow my bike around behind my '00 Neon with 124K miles no problem. I am a little worried that the trans does some funny things some times though.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Try Graves Motorsports ( www.gravesport.com ) they run the Pro race team for Yamaha, and I was told that they were starting to sell quite a few of their products. They make a real nice chain block to keep the chain from rubbing on the rear wheel which I guess is a problem for Yamahas.

·
6Teen Cycles
3,350 Posts
Try Graves Motorsports ( www.gravesport.com ) they run the Pro race team for Yamaha, and I was told that they were starting to sell quite a few of their products. They make a real nice chain block to keep the chain from rubbing on the rear wheel which I guess is a problem for Yamahas.
Oh I gotta check that out mine occasionally touches. Thanks Colin

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I saw that, but I think I will make my own guard. Shouldn't be too hard, just some sheet aluminum. Graves doesn't really offer too much for supermotos. Mostly engine stuff and I plan to keep my motor stock.
I know Rob's KTM has issues with the chain rubbing the wheel too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts