Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't expect anyone to read it, but I just needed to let loose a long train of thought. If you are that bored that you actually read this, realize it that I just put my fingers to the keys and hit submit when they stopped. So I doubt its coherent in the least.

My Rant.

As the election day is here it has opened my eyes to how some people see the world and essentially view themselves.

It frightens me because I hear peoples reasoning to why they want their chosen candidate.

One, because he will provide for them what they do not have.
The other because they fear what that candidate will take from them to give to the other.

Now, of course there folks that are better off and want others to be taken care of. So its not just one group. They are the essential counter balance of care that we need to remain a caring society. But as things step over the line to give to those people in "need", the acting group fails to see what happens to those that have enough to maintain a good life for themselves. They start to lose all those things that they earned over time thru hard work and their personal push to become better.

The original group I mentioned that desires their candidate because, "He will take care of me" is pushing us from the state of Independence that this country was founded on to the state of dependence.
All it takes is a bleak outlook on where things are going to foster this fear into a state of being. As we continue to be a society of consumerism and dependence people want the easy answer to anything that they do not have to be held accountable to. It's always easier when its not your fault. It's always easier to blame those that have regardless of how they got there or kept it.

The thing that gets me is how everyone keeps on asking what the candidates are going to do for them, what are they going to get them. They don't realize that the Govt. is not a service provider. They are a system of organization and that's as far as it should go. It is not some magical credit card that pays for you when you fail to prepare for something. It has had systems in place to help people bounce back on their feet to keep things organized and running smooth in this system but now it has become a source of dependence and a funding to the degenerate part of society that should have fallen off and allowed those that wanted to push them selves to the next level to stand up on their own. To evolve rather than become content with their place in life. This would force some from dependence to independence and allow for progress in the US.

K, I took my midol. sorry if you read this.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
If I wasnt on my iPhone I would have given rep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Your Cigar Aficionado
7,065 Posts
This entire rant hinges on this one statement:

"They don't realize that the Govt. is not a service provider. They are a system of organization and that's as far as it should go."

Unfortunately, the definition of government and its role, is not absolute. Different people believe different things regarding the definition of the role of government.

·
yo quiero su taco
12,463 Posts

·
yo quiero su taco
12,463 Posts
Taxes man. Tax dollars provide services for the public. It's part of the basis of why there are taxes in the first place.

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Many people have had the idea that government will "carry" them imbedded in their families and culture. It's unfortunate that people don't want to get off their ass and actually work, contribute to society and make a difference. I am totally different 180 degrees from those people. Because I can and want to work I do. I carry a lot of pride in knowing that I contribute and pull my own weight. I wonder if any of the people who don't work and know they can work feel that is shameful? Or do they just think the world "owes them" something. I hate that attitude where people walk around like they are entitled to get something for doing nothing. That pisses me the fuck off. Fuck you!!! Nobody owes you shit! Get out and pull your own weight if you are able god damn it!

·
Moderator,
22,442 Posts
I agree with you, Nick. People shouldn't rely on the government to take care of them, they should do it themselves. Sometimes, though, people do need help. The government should be there to give a hand in a time of need, but not prop up a society.

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
But that's the problem. The line between genuine need and free-loading is a wide murky mess of a stain instead of a line. Who will determine the rules? Everyone's view is different on what is right or wrong so the debate will continue forever.

Would it be right to simply just get rid of all aid? That's a very difficult question to answer.

·
2,306 Posts
great post Nick!

·
yo quiero su taco
12,463 Posts
You have to keep in mind, some people feel and may be justified in feeling that the system is rigged against them. Take inner city public schools. Good luck getting any kind of formal education to the masses in that environment. Then there are the monetary barriers to higher education as well as other issues. Rich get richer, poor get poorer.

·
CRF50 Squid
9,391 Posts
Poor people in America either choose to be poor or they're too dumb to be anything else but poor. Motherfuckers make bad decision after bad decision. OK the CIA invented crack. Do you see me smoking it? OK, sub prime loans were bad. Who the fuck told you to buy that house? Gas is expensive? Really? Why the fuck are you driving a giant SUV/Sports car? Motherfuckers be walking around with an iPhone, $100 a month phone bill and shit. Most Americans don't even know what poor is.

·
Banned
8,661 Posts
Poor people in America either choose to be poor or they're too dumb to be anything else but poor. Motherfuckers make bad decision after bad decision. OK the CIA invented crack. Do you see me smoking it? OK, sub prime loans were bad. Who the fuck told you to buy that house? Gas is expensive? Really? Why the fuck are you driving a giant SUV/Sports car? Motherfuckers be walking around with an iPhone, $100 a month phone bill and shit. Most Americans don't even know what poor is.

+1

"Most Americans don't even know what poor is"

so true

·
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
11,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thinking I would never do that, not that drug
And growing up nobody ever does
Until your stuck, looking in the mirror like I can't believe what I've become
Swore I was goin' to be someone
And growing up everyone always does
We sell our dreams and our potential
To escape through that buzz
Just keep me up, keep me up
Hollywood here we come
-Macklemore

just something I thought about with the politicians.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.