Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Moderator,
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....or at least the frame.

I have to go to Harvey Police Department and claim the remains of a 1997 GSXR 750 tonight. Actually I have to sign it over to State Farm since its been declared a total loss allready.

;>--- Bike Theives

...oh and thank you local law enforcement. :twofinger blow me!

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
I'm feeling your pain.
:mad thieves!!!

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Did they charge you for a weeks storage too like they did to me.:rolleyes

They are notorious for not telling you your vehicle was found when they've had it for a while charging you storage fees.:mad

·
3,613 Posts
They found the frame?! Haha, that sucks. Did they mention where they found it or anything? :confused

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
This stuff might have happened before I joined the site but do you have any idea how they stole it?? Where did it disappear from? How long was it parked where it was before it decided to grow legs and walk off with some strangers?:confused :confused :confused :confused :confused

·
Moderator,
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
So does this mean you'll be selling the liter bike and doing a frame-up rebuild on the 750? (you can probably find the parts you need on eBay someplace...) Less the money lost, and the bikeless sunny days this season, at least you can say you made out okay on the whole right?

:eek:t

Any interest in joining Stydie and I for some city shenanigans this weekend? PM me if you're down so I don't end up bastardizing another thread.

Kewl

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
state farm gets the frame, i already asked him that. ebay restore would be kinda fun, but alot of work.

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
Underdog said:
Hey Vcook, I can't find the smiley face for "sarcasm"...can you help me out with that when you get the chance? :twofinger :cheers :twofinger
Dude, I thought you were serious!! :D

I was serious, depending on how much of the bike was found a restore would be fun. Get a 1k motor off ebay for the ultra sleeper effect. :D

·
Moderator,
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I would probably just be buying all the parts back that the asshole stripped off it in the first place.

All in all, it worked out fine. I thank State Farm for being VERY cool about everything (maybe a little slow). Thank god for insurance!!!!!!!

·
Lovin this Twin
1,980 Posts
Vcook said:
I was serious, depending on how much of the bike was found a restore would be fun. Get a 1k motor off ebay for the ultra sleeper effect. :D [/B]

I got the motor my friend......... find a frame and I'll work on it with ya.

·
CLSB RESIDENT *******!!!!
1,331 Posts
Congrats on gettin your bike back. Sorry it took so long for them to find it though. Where did they find it anyhow? In a field or somethin?

Mark:p

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
I say you give me and crazy the frame for christmas so we can turn into into a drag bike :)

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
GsxrTony said:
I say you give me and crazy the frame for christmas so we can turn into into a drag bike :)

There you go. We can take it straight to my Uncles shop and get the welder warmed up.:D :D :D

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
HooliganZX6 said:

I got the motor my friend......... find a frame and I'll work on it with ya.
i was thinking more along the lines of a gixxer 1k motor. not sure how a kawi would bolt up to a zook frame if at all. sure would be a fun project though. ;)

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Vcook said:

i was thinking more along the lines of a gixxer 1k motor. not sure how a kawi would bolt up to a zook frame if at all. sure would be a fun project though. ;)

Well....You could do it but a good welder would be in order. You would be dealing with a Dinasour motor in a high tech frame though. Kinda defeats the purpose.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts