Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin
8,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to hook my printer upto my router so I could print wirelessly.

·
[Online]
3,695 Posts
Some routers have USB ports for printers. Basically, those are router and print server combos. But if you want to cheap out and one of your computers is always on - connect the printer to it. You can share the printer and access it from other computers.

·
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin
8,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the few things I print at home I just want to be able to print something without going and plugging my computer in.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
you just need to buy a print server then plug that into your router

·
Clever Girl
10,204 Posts
5,356 Posts
buy a network laser printer. I love mine.
Which do you recommend for the lowest TCO? I had just been burning up Canon Ink Jet printers with $2 ink cartridges at about one printer a year b/c the printheads would die at work. Canon switched their design to include these stupid chips to raise the ink price and make the new cartridges a pain so now I'm looking for the new cheap printer of choice. So far I've added two different laser work group printers and have been pleased.

·
Fear is the mind killer
8,770 Posts
Which do you recommend for the lowest TCO? I had just been burning up Canon Ink Jet printers with $2 ink cartridges at about one printer a year b/c the printheads would die at work. Canon switched their design to include these stupid chips to raise the ink price and make the new cartridges a pain so now I'm looking for the new cheap printer of choice. So far I've added two different laser work group printers and have been pleased.
http://www.brother-usa.com/mfc/ModelDetail.aspx?ProductID=MFC7820N

I love this one. We have a couple of them at work. They network easily, very reliable, rarely jam. Even with a decent amount of printing, it takes me about 5 months to use up a toner cartridge.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Good luck printing pictures on a laser. :2cents:
I have a color laserjet printer and the pictures don't look too bad. I don't print pictures anyway. Walgreens prints pictures for pretty cheap, $0.19 per picture and the quality is probably better unless you have a photo printer.

5,356 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.