Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BEER!
Joined
·
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've got a chance to get a micron canister for the SV pretty cheap ($185) from an SVrider classified. It's just the can with a small header pipe (about an inch from can). It's never been used, guy bought it for a spare race part. It comes with all the attaching hardware (that helps..)

I was seriously considering the renegade pipe, but they are very pricey ($360+$65 shipping). This one seems to be a good idea. No matter what I pick I still have to cut the damn pipe, Suzuki decided to weld every piece of the exhaust together :mad 'slip-on' for an SV doesn't exist.

Any opinions? Bonus: sounds pretty damn cool.
http://www.micron-exhaust.com/store/sounds/sv650sound.mp3

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,186 Posts
GroverSV650S said:
Well, I've got a chance to get a micron canister for the SV pretty cheap ($185) from an SVrider classified. It's just the can with a small header pipe (about an inch from can). It's never been used, guy bought it for a spare race part. It comes with all the attaching hardware (that helps..)

I was seriously considering the renegade pipe, but they are very pricey ($360+$65 shipping). This one seems to be a good idea. No matter what I pick I still have to cut the damn pipe, Suzuki decided to weld every piece of the exhaust together :mad 'slip-on' for an SV doesn't exist.

Any opinions? Bonus: sounds pretty damn cool.
http://www.micron-exhaust.com/store/sounds/sv650sound.mp3

Chris
go for it dude. It's only a hack saw away:D :D
 

·
Super Moderator,
Joined
·
43,221 Posts
skip it. hold out for the full M4 system. it gets good power gains, and the sound will make you sprout wood.
 

·
BEER!
Joined
·
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vcook said:
skip it. hold out for the full M4 system. it gets good power gains, and the sound will make you sprout wood.
This one also crossed my mind. :) The dyno chart is pretty good, even with stock jetting. I like the torque gain in the low-to-mid range.

I think I'll pass and get something next summer. Must..keep..credit.. card..from.. computer. :laughing

I've never seen an SV with a micron exhaust. :confused Maybe I should hit a couple races next spring and see what's out there.

Chris
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,252 Posts
I suppose it's time for my uneducated (yet obligatory) response. Speaking only from experience on my bike (jetted, full system with a Yosh can) it's worth the wait. I have never run into the power band issues I hear about on svrider, and the noise...well, let's just say there's nothing more entertaining than having people turn around when they hear you coming expecting to see a Harley. They seem so disappointed... oh well.

Setting off car alarms is pretty fun too.
:D

Good luck~
 

·
BEER!
Joined
·
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Underdog said:
I suppose it's time for my uneducated (yet obligatory) response. Speaking only from experience on my bike (jetted, full system with a Yosh can) it's worth the wait. I have never run into the power band issues I hear about on svrider, and the noise...well, let's just say there's nothing more entertaining than having people turn around when they hear you coming expecting to see a Harley. They seem so disappointed... oh well.

Setting off car alarms is pretty fun too.
:D

Good luck~
Patrick routinely tools around in 6th gear just to set off car alarms :rofl

I just got an email from the guy. He got an offer already and I told him I wasn't interested.

Power band issues? I get stuck at 5,500 rpm at almost every turn at blackhawk. Sucks when I twist the throttle and nothing happens. Solution: Get on the gas sooner and harder :helmet

I plan on rejetting this winter. Renegade has an airbox kit in the works. It replaces everything a jet kit does, plus the trumpets (whereever those are). I may hold out for that. At a minimum I'm going to check my fuel mixture screws. Those have a tendency to be a bit off from the factory. Making sure those are 2 1/2 turns is supposed to smooth out that dip around 5k.

4 days to Putnam!
Chris
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top