Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still have a stock exhuast pipe on my bike - an R6.
should buy a slip-on or should I just save $$ and buy a full
system? right now I'm gearing towards a yosh rs3 race system
anyone have an opinion? thanks for the info
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
It would be best to save for a full system, just because you will probably want one in the future. Plus, slipons really only provide a different look and sound.

Personally, I don't like Yosh. I like Hindle. The sound is great. Not too loud down low, but up high it screams. The fit and finish is good, and the performance gains are excellent. Also, you can get a full Titanium system (high mount or standard) for under $600.

Here's a pic of the aluminum high mount




Here's the Titanium standard mount



Doc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doc said:
It would be best to save for a full system, just because you will probably want one in the future. Plus, slipons really only provide a different look and sound.

Personally, I don't like Yosh. I like Hindle.

Doc
why what have you heard about yosh exhaust?
your hindle pipe looks pretty good, was it easy to install?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
IMO, Yosh is over priced and the power gains just aren't there for the $$. Besides, your racers will tell you that a Hindle is a better match w/ an R6 than a Yosh. You will see better performance gains. I still have some tweaking, but w/ a jet kit, +4 ign. advancer, and a full Hindle, I dynoed at 102.37hp.

As for the install, just need some Copper gasket sealant and about an hour's time (total). I could help ya w/ the install. Although, it really is a piece of cake.


Doc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doc said:
IMO, Yosh is over priced and the power gains just aren't there for the $$. Besides, your racers will tell you that a Hindle is a better match w/ an R6 than a Yosh.
Doc
cool, thanks for the info. any other suggestions, I'm sure you
can't be biased towards hindle right? unless they are paying
you some bucu $$
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
akumaR6 said:
cool, thanks for the info. any other suggestions, I'm sure you
can't be biased towards hindle right? unless they are paying
you some bucu $$

Well, Oddyseys (Ken) hooked me up w/ the info. for getting the Hindle. Prior to getting it, I researched pipes, ask opinions, and viewed dyno sheets from "the guy next door" and not the companies. A comparable pipe in terms of performance gains would be Akrapovic but your are going to pay double the cost of a Hindle.

I would do you're own research and not base everything on what I say because everyone has different things in mind when purchasing a pipe (ie. performance, looks, sound, etc.). Plus, I don't know shit:D ;) :laughing

Good luck!


Doc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Micheal, your clamp on your micron slipon, its facing out, it looks crappy. Lossen it up, spin it arond back, and tighten again. Looks clean. If your not following me, what I am trying to say is make the clamp part face the swingarm.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top