Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Grand Master Crash
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an FYI to those of you who are PS2 fans.

New game out called "Riding Spirits." It's touted as the "GT3 of Motorcycles." Over 100 different (REAL) bikes, all modifiable, etc. As soon as I caught wind of it, I rushed over to my local FuncoLand (now called GameStop) and bought it.

Less than 24 hours later, I returned it.

It sucked. Don't waste your money. Horrible graphics, horrible gameplay. MotoGP is more realistic (and MotoGP, albeit a LOT of fun to play, isn't all that realistic.)

I'm still waiting for someone to come up with a GOOD bike simulation game for the PS2. I have AMA Superbike and EA's World Superbike 2001 for the PC, and they're both really good. The PS2 is powerful enough, why can't someone come up with one?

I wound up actually exchanging RS for the PS2 version of F355 Challenge. Driving physics are on par with GT3, and the AI is MUCH better. I have never worked so hard at a driving game to finish in 4th place!

Anywho - just wanted to give a heads-up in case some of you are out at a electronics store, and happen to see it. The cover has a big "RS" on the cover, and an R6. Stay away from it unless the store has a good return policy.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
I have that game also. I noticed the graphics to be a little shaky and sounds were not that realistic. But the basic premis of the game I really liked. It reminded me a lot of the origial Gran turismo. I think theyare a few years behind on programming but if they sink enough money into R&d and come out with a second edition this game could be one of the best out there. But yes it definatly needs some serious help.

·
Grand Master Crash
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah... it's a good idea. Just not executed very well.

Graphics look like they're for a PS1. Controls are cumbersome. Not a lot of detail outside of the menus. The sense of speed is nonexistent (140 looks the same as 40.)

I hope they do a lot of improvements, and release it as RS-2. I really like the idea... been waiting for something like this. At least borrow the simulation engine from MotoGP, at least then it'll be enjoyable to play...

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Definatly. A cool versionof this game could be cool. Although I think the simulation engine from Grand theft auto would be better. Than I could beat the shit out of my crew chief or something. Or race Hayden and bike jack him :D :D

·
Grand Master Crash
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GsxrTony said:
Than I could beat the shit out of my crew chief or something. Or race Hayden and bike jack him :D :D
HA HA HA LOL!!!!

Or just sit at the finish line with a rocket launcher and blow up the leader if you can't beat him....

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
motogp for xbox is way better then the ps2 version, but i suck at video games;)

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
OmniGLH said:

HA HA HA LOL!!!!

Or just sit at the finish line with a rocket launcher and blow up the leader if you can't beat him....

NOW thats what I'm talkin about :D

·
Grand Master Crash
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JimGoFast said:
motogp for xbox is way better then the ps2 version, but i suck at video games;)
Hmmm... well I don't have an Xbox.... doh!

I'm thinking over the winter we need to have some sort of "MotoGP Fest"....

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
yep the X-box Moto GP is pretty kool.

·
Banned
6,842 Posts
Damn,
I got all excited when I began reading the beginning of the first post because I was dreaming about a game like this (Grand Turismo of Motorcycles) coming out, only to become disappointed.

We need to let them know there's a market for this so they improve it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts