Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a set of these for the rear signals on the silver Busa. I hope they look good mounted. The pictures looked neat. I'm getting the matte silver anodized to mount on the new undertray replacing my broken one.

Problem is I can't tell how big they are!:confused

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
BusaDave said:
I'm getting a set of these for the rear signals on the silver Busa. I hope they look good mounted. The pictures looked neat. I'm getting the matte silver anodized to mount on the new undertray replacing my broken one.

Problem is I can't tell how big they are!:confused

Those will look sweet Dave. doesn't Tony have something similar????

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gulpacoke said:
they will look sweet dave.. not interested in a clear tail with LEDs for teh silver are ya??
I'm not sure what kind of bulbs these use. I'm hoping the LEDs I already have will fit. I'm undecided about the clear lenses, although I think they would let more of the LED light through.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
BusaDave said:

I'm not sure what kind of bulbs these use. I'm hoping the LEDs I already have will fit. I'm undecided about the clear lenses, although I think they would let more of the LED light through.
I had red lenses with the LED's not a good combo IMO. Take the lenses off and the lights are much brighter.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the signals mounted. I know some of you are still gonna bust my chops about being at an angle. It's better with the short stalks.

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Lookin' good, Dave!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Looks good Dave! :cheers

Where'd you get them and what do those run? I'm looking to rig up some lights for the lil-hawk racer for the odd street run, I've found the headlight I wanna use, but still shopping for a brakelight (LED strip?).

·
Registered
916 Posts
BusaDave said:
These are kind of expensive for temporary use! They're $45 each. They're billet aluminum and they're pretty bright too.

I got them from Accessories International
Ouch!:laughing Yeah thats a little pricey for my needs, guess I'll go the ghetto route. Will Xmas lights run on 12V?:rofl

Looks slick though especially on the silver bike!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
yeah, those look really good dave. you should send those pics to accessories international. i bet they would use them on thier site.

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
BusaDave said:
I got the signals mounted. I know some of you are still gonna bust my chops about being at an angle. It's better with the short stalks.
Looks ggod but dude we really got to work on that angle thing. you could shave down the base of the new signals at an angle to make it work. Use one of your old ones and shave it to find the angle then transfer that to the new one. That way your not experimenting with the new ones.

Or just drill a slightly larger hole in your undertail that the stalk of the sgnal will fit through then you could rig up some angle iron brackets behind there.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Sweet Dave,

How about angling a couple of rubber spacers. Cheap and easy.:cheers

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
BusaDave said:

Yeah, I'm thinking maybe some black PVC tubing.

Might be hard to size that right. Maybe call Champ and ask him if he can use the frame slider material or mahine something out of a chunk of rubber stock and then chop out the angle. That way you know it won't vibrate or anything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts