Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i'm new to the board here. i ride a 95 fzr600 and hopefully getting my 900rr soon so i can race my fzr. i live in terre haute and go to school at indiana state. chicago isn't that far of a ride for me, i've been looking for people to ride with. i have some friends down here i ride with but no big group to have meetings and know any good twisties. does anyone ride down here?

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
not sure about the people in your area(i'm up in chicagoland) but as far as used 900RR's go, check the for sale forum. If I remember right there is a yellow '98 in there that is in beautiful condition. Oh, and welcome aboard! :cheers

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
I was in Terre Haute a couple of weeks ago but most of us don't get down that way too much.

Dude, from TH you could easily hit the Bloomington and Brown County area, around Lake Monroe, and south toward Brownstown, Corydon, etc. Heck even 46 over to Nashville is a nice ride from Bloomington or up 41 to Turkey Run.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I had a 900rr for sale in there, but yanked it out due to no inquires....It's going to a dealer shortly....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya, some of my friends go to brown county, i haven't been down there yet. hopefully i'll hit it up before the weather gets too bad. and yes, we go ride in turkey run all the time, that's only like a 2 mile stretch and it's a little sketchy because of the guard rails and the turns are really wide, nothing too tight so we build up speed up into the 90's which is kinda scary (again the guard rail issue).

i'd drive up to ride iwth you guys if there was a place i could meet you all at. i think i saw something about meetings on this website....any info would be helpful.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
:twofinger welcome to the board...yeah we meet every tuesdays at strats...weather permiting...its on the front home page..if anything let us know if ya need more help

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
rainman said:

that's only like a 2 mile stretch and it's a little sketchy because of the guard rails and the turns are really wide, nothing too tight so we build up speed up into the 90's which is kinda scary (again the guard rail issue).
Yep, 90's on that road is probably do-able BUT with the trees and guardrails the cost of a mistake or unexpected things like deer can be high.

Also, the ride from TH to Chicago is BORING! I generally try to make it more interesting by coming up 52. From TH you would take 63 (faster) or 41 (more interesting) up to 41/52 and instead of following 41 into Hammond, stay on 52 and come up through Kankakee.

By the way, I graduated from ISU. Most of the music club hangouts I frequented are closed or completely gone. My excursion there was to try and hook up with one or two natives that were friends. I was not successful and it was a LONG ride down and back in a single day.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
:twofinger Welcome:twofinger

G

·
:twofinger Welcome:cheers
I have to agree with Dave.. 41 threw turkey run is a great ride.. if you take it further north of 74 its got great railing curves.. Took it on my Busa last year a few times.. I go down to farmersburg every now and than.. Hell going takes me 3 and a 1/2 hours.. but comin back almost 6.. too much fun..

Careful now though.. trees are turning and leaves are falling..

·
Registered
251 Posts
rainman said:
ya, some of my friends go to brown county, i haven't been down there yet. hopefully i'll hit it up before the weather gets too bad. and yes, we go ride in turkey run all the time, that's only like a 2 mile stretch and it's a little sketchy because of the guard rails and the turns are really wide, nothing too tight so we build up speed up into the 90's which is kinda scary (again the guard rail issue).

i'd drive up to ride iwth you guys if there was a place i could meet you all at. i think i saw something about meetings on this website....any info would be helpful.
Welcome :twofinger a group of us from Indiana met up and went riding in Brown County. Lots of twistys was a lot of fun. We are putting together another ride in the Valpo area weather permitting the 19th and then going to a demo derby the 20th (most of the ppl from Indy will be trucking the bikes up for the weekend) If you're interested just PM me.

um and where exactly is terre haute at? not sure how far away that is?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rachael927, thanks for the reply....what sucks though, is i have army drill the weekend of hte 19th :( otherwise i'd go because my friends down here at college live in valpo.

if you want to come ride down in brown county again before hten or after then or sometime other than that weekend i'm game!

talk to me on instant messenger: CYRIXvsP2

1 - 13 of 13 Posts