Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its been 5 years for the Q45 and between it and the Vette I can use a better all weather vehicle. Plus my parents could use a nicer car than the POS Ford Taurus they have had for years. So I was a good son, gave the boat to my dad this afternoon and picked up... A drum roll please.

2008 Acura RDX with the technology package Black on Black. What a neat do it all vehicle. Relatively light and nimble for a SUV. nice seats, pretty quick with the turbo 4 too. Typical high quality Acura interior, great Panasonic sound system, a slick Nav system that ties into Acura's traffic sensing, and blue-tooth. I've only found 2 things I don't like so far. The headlights are not auto and the front passenger seat is manual. Both seem out of character for the car. If it treats me anywhere near as good as my wife's 2 MDXs have, especially in the snow I'll be a happy camper.

Between it and the Vette I'm pretty stoked for my cage options.:1pimp

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
wow, Bruce that's cool. I like it. Did you buy it in San Francisco?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
The AWD is suppose to be pretty good on that car.

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts
My neighbor just bought one of those, they are really nice in person. Acura interiors are by far my fav. I loved the interior on the TL I had.

Congrats on the new acquisition.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
my mom bought one in March or so and the thing is great. The on boost/off boost driving gets a little jerky if you're not gentle but the thing hauls, passing from 80 on the highway is a breeze, you're at 100+ before you know it. The manual front seats also took me by suprise but the effort is light so it passed quickly. I found the tech package nav system and menus easy to navigate and even my mom, who's tech dumb, found customizing the options easy without my help. You're gonna want to change the auto locks to unlock when you put it in park, it gets annoying otherwise. Enjoy the ride

·
Registered
378 Posts
Looks very nice, congrats. I remember reading that it has a very nice powertrain. I wonder where else Honda will place that engine. Maybe a new SH-AWD TSX? The off on rumored S2000 replacement?

·
Registered
11,444 Posts
nice ride... test drove one a few months back and liked at a lot. Honda finally went to forced induction! a lot more roomy on the inside than it looks on the outside and that center console is ridiculously large! you can fit a laptop in there easily. Congrats! :cheers

·
Ridiculously Good Looking
32,753 Posts
Jealous I am

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SF? :laughing Chilly boy, where did that come from? I got it from Woodfield. This is my 3rd Acura from them. At this point they thake good care of me.

BTW, guess who test drove a 335xi the night before I went to Acura. I just couldn't justify having 2 cars with no real back seat or trunk room. Plus $13k more for a second vehicle that will be lucky to see 8,000 miles a year just was a bit much for me to justify. Plus I like my rice burners. ;)

·
Illegitimi non Carborundu
7,290 Posts
I was actually considering that same vehicle or the MDX. You can't go wrong with either so you definitely got a good ride and should easily last 5+ years.

·
To Punish and Enslave
3,952 Posts
Thats a sweet vehical! I really like the MDX also. Acura make great cars and you can't go wrong with them.

·
CLSB Pimpologist
2,183 Posts
Congrats! nice ride, I am hoping that engine makes it into the TSX in 09 so I can pick that up for the wife.

·
Old Squid on a Blade
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My wife has an 07 MDX. Similar but very different vehicles.

I'm a little mixed on the inter-cooled turbo 4. Honda makes some sweet V6s that can make as much or more hp. The 6 in the Accord puts out an easy 268. The Mdx is around 300. There are a lot of parts that go into the turbo. It can't be for manufacturing costs or mpg. I don't think it is a lot lighter than a small 6. There is plenty of room in the engine bay for a 6 and it should be more reliable.

Thinking about it, a RDX with a MDX mill would be a rocket and get about the same mpg. This thing only gets about 2 mpg more than the MDX as it stands. A lighter cage with the MDX mill would gets similar numbers. Personally I think Honda is just playing marketing games.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts