Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Nice Meating U

946 views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  Meulen 
#1 ·
It was good to put some faces with screen names last night; It'l take a while to get real names with faces though:)

How about meeting near the city once in a while??:- :E

#3 ·
Nice meeting you too. I think alot of us were staying away from the city because of the loitering tickets and harrassment. Some of the guys have been going down there for skyline pictures though. Keep an eye on the group rides;)

#5 ·
Sticky said:
I guess I should have headed toward Tinley to gratify my squid-like tendencies:evil :evil
:evil :evil that never happened:evil :evil

#8 ·
GautamCity said:
I'm in the same boat....it was nice meeting alot of you last nite. what "level" ride would you guys consider that was from strats to naperville?
oh, and what's this about tinley?????
I must of missed you last night. I was the guy with the blue R1. I'm not sure about your ride to Naperville, but two of us went out to Tinley. I had to meet some people out there and it was on the way home for Bnutz24. We didn't tear up the corners by any means. I'm not a fan of doing that too much in the dark especially where we were with all the holes in the rode.:mad . We just cruized and some guy threw in a couple of wheelies and a mad stoppie to keep it interesting.:rolleyes ;)

#10 · (Edited)
GautamCity said:
I'm in the same boat....it was nice meeting alot of you last nite. what "level" ride would you guys consider that was from strats to naperville?
oh, and what's this about tinley?????
Well, since I thought it was me and Tony following Chris to Naperville and there was suddenly about 12 bikes, I would classify it as a fairly disorganized "ride" and not representative of a planned ride.

Now perhaps more to your question, the ride was pretty tame overall. Some people got left behind at lights a couple of times because the people in the lead did not want to take the risk to stop so quickly and the people following didn't choose to speed up to get through.

I don't remember seeing you with us going to Naperville. Were you with our "group" or someone else?

It might be a bit easier to answer your question if you clarified the purpose for asking it. What "level" ride is actually a pretty vague question.

Anyway, this was not a planned ride. I was about to head back when Tony asked if he could go along and then Chris said he was going. Next thing I know I am surrounded by bikes with me on the oncoming traffic side and in the middle of the pack and at night. I held my position and watched the guy in front of me and expected the guy behind me to do the same. If the riding had been more aggressive, I would have split from the pack.

#11 ·
Nice meetin some more of you as well. I still wish my mirror hadn't decided it was time to fall off so I could have made it all the way to Naperthrill with the group. No matter though. Brian did a good impromptu job of back marker for me, and Sticky checked up on me to make sure I wasn't wrapped around a tree someplace. Thanks again fellas, I owe you one.

(What is it with the SV's fallin apart? I'm calling it "Grover Syndrome" and leaving it at that... )

Thanks for lettin me play in your reindeer games as always

:thumbsup

#12 ·
Crazy -
I was the brown guy on the yellow SuperHawk. I was wearing a black AlpineStars jacket at Strats.

Dave -
You pretty much answered my question. I have noticed that you guys classify rides by what pace you guys have. I know that some rides are considered aggressive, etc. Due to the fact that this was the first time i rode with you guys, i was curious as to what this ride would have been classified as so that way i know which rides of this group i would be better suited to ride in. If this ride was considered a tame ride, then i would be better suited to ride with you guys in the tame rides. We were moving at a decently fast paced....at times i was going 15 to 20 mph over the speed limit. mostly we were sticking to 15 mph over. I was pretty much the back marker and stuck with the group till the light at naper and warrenville. then myself and sticky stopped at the light because it was about to turn red when everyone else made it through. so if this was considered a tame ride, I for sure know that I would not be able to keep up with you guys in an aggressive ride....especially if you guys are hitting twisties, etc.
thanks though....and you guys will be seeing more of me!:thumbsup

#13 ·
GautamCity said:

If this ride was considered a tame ride, then i would be better suited to ride with you guys in the tame rides. We were moving at a decently fast paced....at times i was going 15 to 20 mph over the speed limit.
Keep in mind that on an organized ride someone would have been officially backmarker and we would have waited at turns, etc. That's true for all the organized rides at whatever pace.

In general, we should not be discussing roads, speeds, stunts, etc. here on the board. Some guys are doing it and getting by, but your post COULD be deleted when containing this information.

Also, rides vary somewhat to the rules depending on who's leading, pace, skill levels, etc.

#17 ·
Vcook said:
For the record sticky did not "meat" anyone. He did meet alot of us though. "Meating" people just sounds pretty twisted.
:laughing :evil :laughing :evil :laughing :evil

#18 ·
Crazy said:
:laughing :evil :laughing :evil :laughing :evil
haha, you know what I'm saying.

"one time I saw this girl and I knew right away that I wanted to MEAT her. So I had my friend introduce me so I could MEET her. Well by 2am that night I was MEATING her back at my place, just like I planned"

fyi, this is fictional

#21 ·
yeah well my meat is well done, kinda like my junk with a handsome shlong, dingle dangle jingling what chicks wants to play with my dingaling:laughing (man i suck at rapping)

HEY WOW i missed a strats night:(

But i went to grattan:jester

hope to see the new guys at starts next week.

oh yeah and everyone else:rolleyes (that was a joke):laughing

#23 ·
Sticky said:
That was the whole point:laughing :laughing

you know "It was nice meating you"

:evil :evil

eeeeeeeeewwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:laughing :laughing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.