Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy cow - 60 shopping days left until Christmas!!!

Where are we meeting/eating? Yanno... there are some burger/grill-type joints in that CityPark "thing" across from the Shell station on Milwaukee/Aptakisic... has anyone been there yet?

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
thats by the theatre yes????:confused

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think there's a theatre there... is this too far? It's further north than Cubby Bear.

·
Man with Big Hose
1,432 Posts
me want a burger.....me in:cheers

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
fine with me. I'm there

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
I'lll be there. I SHOULD go check this area out to find the places.

But I probably won't. :twofinger

I'll drive down that way for lunch and get some names of places.

Chris

·
3,613 Posts
Sorry, but what's the name of the place? It sounds like Kim was saying there's more than one. :confused

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Okay, I checked the area out. All the cliche uppity eateries are here. The options are

Snap?
Illusions by Jill? I'm not even sure if this is a food place
Champps Americana-guaranteed slow service while packed on a Friday. If I wanted that, we'd go across the street to Cubby Bear and gawk at eye candy.

Potbelly's
Starbucks.

I'll vote for Potbelly's. Never been there, plus it's not in the middle like the snap and Champp's. Those two will have no parking near them, and even if we get a spot with a bike, cagers are stupid and will probably run into them to get our spot.

It's on the Northern side of it. Best to take Aptakisic road into the theatre enterance, then turn left into the shopping area.

Chris

·
3,613 Posts
Hmm, I had a Potbelly's sandwich for dinner Tuesday. Mmm. Are we decided then?

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yikes! Grover's descriptions sound kinda scary. I'll go along with whatever ya'all wanna do... but if someone has a better idea, let's hear it. There's always the venerable standby - Cubby Bear.

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
KBOlsen said:
Yikes! Grover's descriptions sound kinda scary. I'll go along with whatever ya'all wanna do... but if someone has a better idea, let's hear it. There's always the venerable standby - Cubby Bear.
I went there a little after 12:30 today, and the entire lot around Chammps and Snap! was full. There's also a couple business complexes in the same lot, which makes it worse.

Chris

·
3,613 Posts
Well, I'm down for CB if it's gonna be like that.

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
ok letslets the kids have their eye candy. I vote for CB will check out the other sites on the way home then.

·
3,613 Posts
So.. Me, Pete, Kim, Chris, Keith, right? Anyone else? :)

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Probably Ron too.

·
Man with Big Hose
1,432 Posts
maks said:
So.. Me, Pete, Kim, Chris, Keith, right? Anyone else? :)
12 -12:15 ish at CB........yep list looks good to me...Lupi....you in?

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
gulpacoke said:
Hmm I will try an make this one..

dang cold rain.. bones almost froze...
More like Dang Old Bones.:D

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
12:15 at da Bear... See Youse Dere!!!

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
:confused

I didn't say it was a bad idea to go to the other places, just that it's crowded around Champs/Snap! (hence, not bike friendly). No real parking on THAT side of the strip, but the northern side isn't too crowded.

But Cubby Bear it is! :) By the way, I may have to eat and run (damnit). Looks like a 11 o'clock meeting got pushed to 1pm :mad . Exactly one oclock on a Friday? :nono

Chris

1 - 20 of 26 Posts