Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone checked out the latest short films at the following:

Link Here

What's your favorite?

I'm a fan of Hostage....

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hostage is alright, my favorite is Star. Not only is it the most badass, but nothing quite like seeing Madona getting beat up and embarassed in front of the press. :laughing

·
Workin' up to the track
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Badass? I have to agree on the part about Madonna, I'm mean I can't recall her ever looking even remotely as bad as when she has "the stain", but the driving and filming is more badass in many others than Star. John Woo vs Guy Ritchie?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm sorry, but some of the static camera shots they have of the M5 are the most impressive shots I've ever seen. Which films do you think are more "badass"? I've seen them all, multiple times.

favorednation said:
Badass? I have to agree on the part about Madonna, I'm mean I can't recall her ever looking even remotely as bad as when she has "the stain", but the driving and filming is more badass in many others than Star. John Woo vs Guy Ritchie?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Also, in Hostage, the only really interesting part is when he is on the birdge. The intial fly scene is straight out of "The Rock." Plus, why wouldn't the PD be notified of the FBI's operations? Oh yea, because they needed to make some action in the movie.:twofinger Hostage is alright, but as long as Clive is drifting through the turns with no hands on the wheel, Star shall remain my favorite.

·
Workin' up to the track
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I guess we are alone in this. First of all, Star is completely ruined when they cut to the cheesy Blues Brothers music or what ever that is when they catch air for a few (eternal) seconds. I agree the driving is good, but both Ticker and Hostage have better stories and driving, especially Hostage when the squads keep smashing into each other trying to catch him.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Not just the driving, but the camera angles. The story is simple and sweet too. A bitch gets what's coming to her. The first time I saw the "Cheesy air scene" I hated it. The more I watch it though, the more it grows on me, the humor in it, the look on his face, its all good. Oh well, to each his own.

·
Your friendly Crazy Canuk
12,731 Posts
Man I have to get me a faster connection....this modem sucks, should I go cable or DSL or satellite?:confused

·
Workin' up to the track
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RickC1957 said:
Man I have to get me a faster connection....this modem sucks, should I go cable or DSL or satellite?:confused
Rick I sent you an email with some suggestions.

·
Workin' up to the track
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Volkl42 said:
Not just the driving, but the camera angles. The story is simple and sweet too. A bitch gets what's coming to her. The first time I saw the "Cheesy air scene" I hated it. The more I watch it though, the more it grows on me, the humor in it, the look on his face, its all good. Oh well, to each his own.
Well, we can agree that the films are cool, even if we disagree on the best one. I have to say that spilling her out of the car at the end is the best ending of all of them.

How do we lobby to get them to do one on an M/C?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Good idea. Just email BMW and tell them to do them for the cycles as well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts