Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Man with Big Hose
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am needing some opinions about what to use for numbers and backgrounds. Since I am in the process of making this a track only bike from it's current street/track use, i was thinking of getting the LP yellow background with the 8" numbers. LP sells two kinds, one states it's a conforming vinyl sheet and looks like it's able to be cut into anyshape. (cat # 217-430Y) yet it seems permanent. the other is the stick on number plates (cat # 217-404Y) yet they don't seem as easily cut, yet say are removable and restickable

I don't want a 100% permant plate but won't be taking it off after every track day either. Any racers have any opinion of either of these?

Another option I was kicking around and contacted FRED on is getting his LITELIDZ type covers with number printed on it.(yellow with black number)

Until i get enough for full race plastic and paint job with the yellow plate painted onto it, I don't want the small Home depot 3 or 4" numbers and yellow duct tape.

Any help is appreciated

Pugs

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
I think the only organization that really restricts the type/size/color of numbers you can use is CCS. For them, you would need a yellow background and plain black numbers (I'd have to look up the size specs). Sounds like the LP package would conform but they might "lift" any decals underneath when you remove 'em.

A very nice person made up several sets of numbers for us - black vinyl over yellow vinyl. They have held up quite well. I don't think they'll be too difficult to remove if we opt to paint my bodywork this winter.

Any sign company can make up your numbers on vinyl, too. Just tell them what you want - it might be less expensive than the LP.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Like Kim said- Look into different sign companies. You can get numbers cut and you can get yellow sheets of vinyl for cheap. Also, check out hobby shops for #s.

I just bought a stensil kit and sheets of black and yellow and cut my own by hand. That's another route you could go.

Doc

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
I bought a couple packs of assorted 8" black vinyl stixckers from Office Depot/Max. SOmething like $7 for a ton of numbers. I have extras, as long as they are not 1s, 6s, or 9s. I can bring them to Putnam. As far as the background plate, I'd try that removable one.

If I were you and you are serious about making this an all out track bike, take out the headlight assembly just in case you damage it.

Here's a shot of my #s

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
Had the bike painted this past spring. Didn't care about being correct so I got white number plates painted on. the 91 I got at the SBN day from Ody, but he got them from Marcin I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts