Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I decided I wanted to travel for NYE this year. Again, all my trips are open to anyone who'd like to join. I am debating b/t 3 options right now:

1. Take a 2 day train ride (mainly b/c I've never done this before and think it'd be really cool and scenic). The cost would be about $266.90

2. Drive - I calculated about $385 for gas if we took my truck but then we could bring the bikes. It would take about 3 days to drive

3. Fly - Tickets are about $500 for United but expedia had some offers for $350

As long as it was only 1 or 2 people, we wouldn't have to worry about a hotel as I have 3 houses to crash at

:cheers:

·
pfft.
11,638 Posts
FYI taking the train around IS pretty cool. It's kind of like the greyhound, though...it's full of the strangest people. Also, you can't see your hand in front of your face in the smoking car. :laughing

I've taken the route from CAto IL and also the Empire Builder from Chicago to Seattle. Both were fun; empire builder was better.

·
[Online]
3,695 Posts
Fly: you can save some time, rent a sportbike and go for a ride out there. Or get drunk and chill out without a bike. :laughing:

BTW, I'm 95% sure that I'm going to CA for NYE as well. Going to meet it with the friends who live there. :cheers:

·
[Online]
3,695 Posts
:laughing: sounds like I'm flying

Fracker - what part of cali?
Davis, where the university of CA is. That's about 20 miles from Sacramento and 60 miles from San Francisco. Most likely I won't be renting a bike since my friends don't ride, but I'm thinking about allocating two extra days for it and may be going to LA/San Diego. You?

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Davis, where the university of CA is. That's about 20 miles from Sacramento and 60 miles from San Francisco. Most likely I won't be renting a bike since my friends don't ride, but I'm thinking about allocating two extra days for it and may be going to LA/San Diego. You?
Mostly LA area but I'll be bouncing between LA and San Diego :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts