Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
R U L E S:- The host gives you a topic of interest and you get going. You post ONE image (only first image by one person will be judged) that is relevant to the challenger theme. You can change your image as many times as you like before the deadline.

- The host chooses a winner *AND* runner-up after closing. The decision of the judge (the Host!) is final. The judge is *not* eligible. The winner then chooses the next topic, tells everyone when the photo's must be posted by (give some reasonable amount of time like a week), runs the challenge, judges the winner and passes on the baton to that person. Winner/Host, please post a reasonable topic that someone who's not a pro photographer can be a part of. Remember it's not just cool shots, but the story that can be told for some.

- If the winner fails to post a new challenge within 48 hours of being declared the winner then the runner-up should post the new challenge within a further 24 hours.

- Any picture you've taken is eligible regardless of time taken and camera it was taken with. You can do all the post processing you want. However, it is most helpful if you list your camera, lens and exposure info along with your photo.

- All levels welcome. If you don't have the best lens or just a plain old pocket camera but your shot tells a wonderful story then there's no reason you can't win! This is about overall photo's and their story, not just about expensive equipment.

- Feel free to comment on other contestant's images. If you want someone to leave you a piece of constructive criticism, ask for it...after all we are here to learn too and practice.

- Provide any additional information concerning your entry you want. Explaining how the shot might relate to the topic could help too.

- Winner/Host, please copy and paste these rules into the topic and thread that you post because some might start doing contests later and miss the first one.

For the next challenge, the focus is architectural lines. I'm not sure how describe what I'm looking for but i have a few photos to give you an idea.

I'm looking for something creative and unusual. These 2 pictures were taken by accident so they arent close to perfect but maybe they will give you an idea....

·
Banned
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Edit: Busa Dave did Depth.

Im looking more for angles, lines Etc.

·
Highspeed ditch inspector
3,717 Posts
Water tower at Giant City State Park, outside of Carboldale, IL. I have no idea what the camera or settings are, I just know that it is a Canon digital. The little ones that fit in a pocket.

·
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP
11,947 Posts
I have a bunch of new photos from some Chicago architecture tours I need to weed through, but here's one I like so far:

D40
F8, 1/1600, ISO400 (WTF did I have it on 400 for? lol)

Lines and curves.

·
Formerly RwS Films
1,284 Posts
Picture taken at the Japanese gardens last fall... probably about a week after my first wrist surgery.

·
Banned
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
absolutely love em so far! you guys hit what i was looking for spot on!

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
absolutely love em so far! you guys hit what i was looking for spot on!
is my picture also what you were looking for. or was it more towards the industrial type setting your looking for?

just wondering if my photo is the right type for submission.

·
Banned
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
is my picture also what you were looking for. or was it more towards the industrial type setting your looking for?

just wondering if my photo is the right type for submission.
In my head I was looking for more of the industrial look, but looking at your pictures I like it. It gives a different perspective to my title. It is completely up to you Ken, I think alot are going to post the industrial type of pictures so.... :)

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
In my head I was looking for more of the industrial look, but looking at your pictures I like it. It gives a different perspective to my title. It is completely up to you Ken, I think alot are going to post the industrial type of pictures so.... :)
i like twist.

so win or loose thats my submission.

thanks for making it clear though sweety.

·
Banned
6,882 Posts
Now I did also like this one, but think I'll stick to the B&W as my entry

·
Formerly RwS Films
1,284 Posts
I was thinking about going with a spiderweb picture I took many moons ago in SW England with a b/w 35mm but I'm too lazy to find it and scan it. There's lot's of different ways the topic can be taken... That to me says it's a good topic.

<ass kissing>The host still picks the winner, right?</ass kissing>:lmao:

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
I took this one on my ill-fated mountaineering trip to Mexico.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts