Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding to tinley with crazy I told him how I loved stoppies and endos but couldn't get it going. he did one so pretty it motivated me to try all the way home when safe HA HA to do so. got about three out of about ten up don't know how far but man what a rush I can't wheelie to save my life but I am on the quest for the perfect stoppie/endo. :- squid pimpin :- so if any one out there can help a brother get this down chime in as I don't see wheelies for quite awhile no where to practice and don't know where to begin or end with wheelies. personally I don't think the kat has it in it at this time maybe after a few more mods and alot of engine tweaking :laughing don't want to be a stunna just want to have something to show every now and then :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not grown up enough for an r1 yet thanks anyway if you see an r6 holla at me BTW Promised the Mrs. I wouldn't spend more than 2k and what ever I can get for the Kat until we get our house. so right now I have filet mignon taste with bologna budget :(

·
4,985 Posts
Well I suck at stoppies, I can get them high but almost drop it on the landing. But anyways here's what I do, don't know if it's right or not but it works for me: Start out going about 30, get on the front brakes kinda hard to compress the forks, when you're almost stopped grab a bunch more brake and get your ass up off the seat just a little and transfer your weight forward. Oh and don't forget to let go before you flip ;) . I find I can kinda control how high I go by how soon I grab more brake, just start off slow until you know how high it's gonna go. Get ready to catch it on the landing too, that's my problem I can get the back tire a couple feet off the ground but I always almost drop the bike on the landing. Be careful and make sure you practice on a nice grippy road surface. Maybe Crazy should hold some stunna lessons, my wheelies is Ga'bage :twofinger .

-Ryan

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
:laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing

Look what I've done:D . Just take it slow guys. Oh BTW: I deny anything that I did last night on the way to Tinley.:nono I don't know what your talking about. :nono nor can I teach something I don't know how to do:rolleyes :jester

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
Crazy said:
:laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing

Look what I've done:D . Just take it slow guys. Oh BTW: I deny anything that I did last night on the way to Tinley.:nono I don't know what your talking about. :nono nor can I teach something I don't know how to do:rolleyes :jester

way to go icy cold!!!!! better you then troy!!:laughing

G

·
Ummm I cant do stoopies... and one inch wheelies dont work all that great.. have fun on whatever you do.. just remember to be careful where ya do it.. da popo give tickets to bikes on one wheel.. front or back.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yeah I was mistaken it was some other guy :rolleyes :jester as we know crazy would never do such things:evil he never even brakes the posted speed limit or anything that guy is just a goodie two shoes I don't even know why he has an R1 thing has probley never even seen 70 mph :rofl sorry tried to keep a straight face. oh yeah crazy you have to show me that route again I was digging that forest preserve section and that is close to me I could use that for some practice.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
bnutz24 said:
Oh yeah I was mistaken it was some other guy :rolleyes :jester as we know crazy would never do such things:evil he never even brakes the posted speed limit or anything that guy is just a goodie two shoes I don't even know why he has an R1 thing has probley never even seen 70 mph :rofl sorry tried to keep a straight face. oh yeah crazy you have to show me that route again I was digging that forest preserve section and that is close to me I could use that for some practice.
:laughing :laughing :laughing

Forget about that route, I'll show you a better one next time. That route was good about ten years ago when the streets were smooth, but those twisties in the forest preserve have some crazy pot holes. That's why I went so slow.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts