Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my bike sitting and I noticed a small puddle of oil underneath the oil pan so While in the process of investigating the cause of the problem I learned about a new gadget in m/c repair I learned the word "heliocoil" as in My heliocoil was vastly misshappened which caused the small oil drip. well while trying to figure how to repair this (at the time I thought it was a spring to tention the drainage bolt) it went really bad so now I am going to have to do a complete oil chage as I have no oil in the bike after the damn thing strectched on me (the heliocoil that is) so now today I am looking for a replacement and I figure might as well go synth while I am at it . ok now quit laughing this is the serious part......

what is the best, safest, most non-damaging to the tire compound way to get oil off the tires????:confused

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
WD-40

J/K When I had oil all over my tire from my lowside, I used a mild detergent like Dawn (takes grease out of your way:D ) and water. I used a stiff bristled brush and went to town on it. Now, it didn't go away completely, but I didn't have a problem riding it once I got it up and going. That's my recommendation.

Doc

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Simple Green

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Simple Green. Works great on racetracks, too. Just be sure to rinse well!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys

·
Lovin this Twin
1,980 Posts
Im curious...................... did you fix the helicoil or what?

and if your sellin it why spend the money on synthetic oil?

and if you do go synthetic make sure its safe for your clutch!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HooliganZX6 said:
Im curious...................... did you fix the helicoil or what?

and if your sellin it why spend the money on synthetic oil?

and if you do go synthetic make sure its safe for your clutch!
Well I got a fix for the heliocoil but I have to redo it the oil is fine for the clutch I had the synth in the basement was going to go synth awhike ago but got lazy so since the heliocoil issue I said screw it it may make a good selling point. I am still undecided I want a new bike but to sale this one feels like I am letting the bike beat me so I may wait until april or may to sale that way I can finish repairing it. Why repair it then sell it because I feel like I am not finishing what I started by selling it now. I have this thing about finishing what I start (I know bad habit :laughing) so I did pull the thread down not to mention I want the person after me to enjoy the bike not have a mixed season like me I enjoyed the bike very much but could have enjoyed it more if it was less mandatory matainance need on it at the most inconvient times :laughing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts