Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

OK, now does anybody have any VIDEO footage?

2K views 64 replies 15 participants last post by  Doc 
#1 ·
Let's see it or hear about it!

#4 ·
I do have some video w/ Grattan and a little bit of a bunch of people. I know Dan and maybe Ominglah(sp?) are in it. Also, Nick and F4kid maybe. I will make a copy and possibly drop in on Sat. w/ it.

Doc

#6 ·
I have footage from the morning sessions all intermediate group though since that is where I was running. I can give it away no problem if someone has enough server space to house about 600MB of .mpg files.

Also in .mpg they are not as good of quality and it makes it a little difficult on the wider view shots to tell who is who. I can make higher quality vids, but they would be .avi and absolutely enormous like 2GB for the first one and 1GB each for the second two.

#8 ·
doubleR said:
I'd love to see how the fast guys rail around the track AND catch a glimpse of myself here and there.

If you guys can make a copy for me and Turbo-F4 with whatever you have we'll make it worthwhile for ya. Thanks!
I don't have a problem with that, just let me know what kind of media you want it on? VHS? VCD? SVCD? .MPG? .AVI? How do people want the video?

#9 ·
lovebothkats said:
I don't have a problem with that, just let me know what kind of media you want it on? VHS? VCD? SVCD? .MPG? .AVI? How do people want the video?
Well, with Champ's tape, I think Jim is looking at nailing off a few VHS. I'm going to take the camera and see if I can rip it to digital and hammer out some mpg's....that way I can cut them....and sort them by the rider that was centered on.....now this all is if I have the proper cables to match up with his camera.

I'll try and give it a shot over the next few days!
Ciao,
Lupi

PS:
Jack, would you be able to host some of these? I don't think I have access to squat at the moment. Or....hey.....can you attach an mpq file? I think I have to go and test that....

#11 ·
Michael said:
you can attach it if you zip it up .. but it will have to be pretty small.

Code:
Attach file:
Maximum size: 102400 bytes
Yup...tried it out with no luck of course.

Basically Rob, Dave and I should be able to put it in a format, burn it to a CD that you can then play on your computer or DVD player. Unless you have a Mac....I haven't found a codec for VCD's on the Mac platform.

Basically, it will be a lot more versatile and usable on CD....not to mention you can sync it with sound...and what not....lol

Ciao,
Lupi

#12 ·
The sound is the main problem I have. Since my camcorder is digital and records in PCM audio plus using the internal microphone the sound of all the bikes wound up being too much. It sound a little choppy on DV, then when I transfer it to my PC it is just way too much it ends up just clipping the sound.

I was planning on going ahead and clipping the sound completely and just overlaying it with music.

#16 ·
Thanks Jim! See ya tomorrow!

Dave, whatever format works best and/or is easy for you to do. I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants a copy so if you can rip a few CDs at a time then go for it. If you can put it on VHS then great, CD-RW/ROM will work too. Again, whatever's easy for ya as I'm easy to please.

Thanks everybody!

#17 ·
doubleR said:
Thanks Jim! See ya tomorrow!

Dave, whatever format works best and/or is easy for you to do. I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants a copy so if you can rip a few CDs at a time then go for it. If you can put it on VHS then great, CD-RW/ROM will work too. Again, whatever's easy for ya as I'm easy to please.

Thanks everybody!
dont thank me yet my lazy ass hasnt gone down stairs yet and ripped off any copies!:evil :evil , but i will get it done before tomarrow.
;)

#20 ·
Lupi did manage to catch Doc leanin thru turn 1 and catchin his peg upsetting the bike a bit. Woulda been a pucker moment for me. But from the looks of it Doc just kept goin, and goin, and goin......

#21 ·
Champ91 said:
Lupi did manage to catch Doc leanin thru turn 1 and catchin his peg upsetting the bike a bit. Woulda been a pucker moment for me. But from the looks of it Doc just kept goin, and goin, and goin......
I was behind him all day. It was probably just the real breaking loose a little over the bumps. Doc has a little bit of footage taken by Michael. I thik there's one shot of him getting a little powerslide out of 1. There's like 8 or 10 laps of Ken, Doc and I going through 1. I might have to get a copy of that tape. There's also a couple slow laps of Gratton.

#23 ·
slickrock22 said:

Heheheheh.

On some of that Doc footage, you might see 'the little Kawi that could' a few seconds behind
yep you where a couple seconds behind, in this one also, 3 of us looked cool flying through turn 1.
petes film definetly shows doc getting the feeler down(you can here it) in turn one.:biker

#24 ·
Well I have decided to buy a bike so I dont get walked away from in the straights!! Not that it will help, but at least I willl know then that I just suck on the track and its not my bike!!! Hehehe

Watchout Jimmy.....you mine!!!!!!!!!

Ryan

#25 ·
slickrock22 said:
Well I have decided to buy a bike so I dont get walked away from in the straights!! Not that it will help, but at least I willl know then that I just suck on the track and its not my bike!!! Hehehe

Ryan
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :evil :evil
cool, want me to help ya shop think a nice ninja 500 would work well for ya!!

#26 ·
slickrock22 said:

Ryan
Maybe it just needs a tune-up and the carbs synced. It can't be more than 4 or 5 HP off a F4i. Although at high speeds the better ram air on the new bikes might offer another 2 or 3 HP.

I was walking past you and I was suprised. Maybe you're not tuncking low enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.