·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How was Vegas?????

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
Oh, I'm still here. Just trying to get some work done before I head to the track. The day started out as overcast but luckily the clouds parted and got some good light for some good shots.

Wow, incredible track. This guy is living my dream. Beautiful custom track built by a racer. Great facilities, just a great place. The guy lives there, has a driving school, bunch of vettes and stuff. It's really neat.

I'm about an hour from Vegas in town called Pahrump. I'm definitely going to try and make it back here next year with my bike. The event is being put on by an RC51 group, most of the bikes are RC. Yesterday was an open track day with some instructors, but today is being put on by Star, and Star will be here Saturday and Sunday as well. Wow, four days in a row. I'm here just two days, I fly back tomorrow.

I didn't have the time to drive out and bring my bike so I just flew out to take photos. So far I've only gotten a chance to take the rent-a-cage out on the track and I'm not sure I'm gonna make it out ther today. :( Wheather forecast isn't great, looks like rain this afternoon. But I do have a bike to ride if I want, the guy won the Supertwins championship on the bike, cool guy.

Gotta go.

I hear you guys are getting some great weather...figures... But at least it's been near/around 70 here. :twofinger

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
What a day!

got out on the track, wow! Incredible. the bike felt great, so planted. Not sure if it was the carbon wheels or what, but the bike felt great and I could do no wrong. Awesome.

It rained in the afternoon, funny thing is I didn't mind a bit. We just sat around talking about world superbike, motogp....

Dang I'm dorky lookin. :D

·
Registered
669 Posts
Forgive me for my ignorance, I have no cable, or dish, so I see no racses. Who is jack standing next to? I'm assuming he's a moto GP racer of some name.

Nick

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
Why that's the Texas Tornado, the current World Superbike Champion, and future MotoGP Champion, Colin Edwards!

·
Evil Moderatrix,
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't feel bad, guys... I thought he bore more than a passing resemblance to Mike Wemmer!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Sweet, Colin was my guess, I had no idea why, so I didn't want to say.

Some day I'm gonna figure all this stuff out and understand who is where and why. Someday when I can aford cable with speed vision.

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
Kruz said:
Well they obviously ripped it from CLSB or did you post it elsewhere?
I posted it on the RC board. Funny thing is it appears that someone is trying to pass it off as them, and it's not. Antal was a guy that flew in from Ireland, that's not him, and I made a comment on that board to that effect.

Not a big deal I guess. I'm probably going to do things a bit different next year. It's nice to get credit for a good picture, but I know the rider, and I know he appreciated me taking it. I guess that's what matters.

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
You need to make me an avatar of that one with an arrow pointing to my knee planted on the ground for Jimbo....something like...
Step 1. Get off bike
Step 2. Stick knee out

:rofl

1 - 20 of 56 Posts