Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Wannabe racer
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Old School Ride!!! (Tame so be aware)

I am going to put on of the old school rides together, and those who know what that means I don't have to explain for those that don't here is what it will be.

Meeting spot will be "Streets of Woodfield" at 7:30 kickstands up, fueled and leaving by 8:00pm. From there it will be the same ole' lame route we used to run, back in the day! There will be a couple stops for beverages or food, whatever people prefer, and as usual the downtown portion will be determined by how many people want to do it.

The pace will be moderate, the group will stay together, and NO WHEELIES, STOPPIES, OR ANY OTHER STUNTS.

I will lead the ride, and will be riding two-up at a fun comfortable pace for us. I will have my chatterbox and would appreciate anyone else who has one to bring it in an effort to keep the group together.

I'm takin' it back to da old dayz boy! Dats right it's retro-ride time.

If anyone has questions about the specifics of this ride, PM me.

SORRY RIDE WILL BE 8/15/02 THURSDAY!!!! (Forgot to put the date in the first post, hopefully a mod will update the title of this one.)

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
This may be doable for me. Big question..WHAT DAY! I wasn't around during the 'old days' so this may be fun. Also, me and the SV move like pondwater compared to the others here.

Have I met you before? For some reason, people always remember me but I can't remember them. Either you all are super smart and I'm not or for some reason I always stick out :confused

SOW is kind of big and has bike there often. Any spot in particular? How about someplace in the vicinity of Gameworks? Just an idea.

Laterz!
Chris

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
GroverSV650S said:

SOW is kind of big and has bike there often. Any spot in particular? How about someplace in the vicinity of Gameworks? Just an idea.

Laterz!
Chris
traditionally we meet near the starbucks.

·
Wannabe racer
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope I don't think we've met. The meeting spot will be SOW in front of the Starbucks.

Another thing please make sure you park in an actual parking spot, and cross the street to hang out on the sidewalk while we wait. When we used to meet here all the time security was cool as long as we didn't stay by our bikes, or block traffic flow.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
YEAH!!!! :thumbsup I did have something else to do but I think I can cancel it for this. :laughing Can't wait. :p :) :) :)

·
Man with Big Hose
1,432 Posts
wow...sumtin close to home.........I will very much try to be there....have to shop for a crib (baby not house) with da wife but if we get back in time. than I will be there!!!!!

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Should be able to make it on Thursday. I'll mention this to HRB tonight to see if he's up for it.

:eek:t
Got to make room in the garage for ANOTHER bike and car :D

Chris

·
Slayed by the Dragon
626 Posts
Let me charge up my chatterbox:cheers :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
I'll do my best to meet you guys out there (if for no other reason than to make Grover feel fast).

Anyone know a decent route (i.e. non-slab) way to get out to SOW from downtown?).

Lookin forward to meetin you guys.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
TORN 1 said:
I'll do my best to meet you guys out there (if for no other reason than to make Grover feel fast).

Anyone know a decent route (i.e. non-slab) way to get out to SOW from downtown?).

Lookin forward to meetin you guys.
depends on where you are, but streets: Route 72 (higgins) the whole way is pretty quiet and tame the whole way but if you need the toll, I-90 gets ya there too.

Either way they both end up on either side of the SOW meeting spot. :thumbsup Can't miss it. :D

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
Thanks Babette. I'd actually be coming up from the Loop. I know where SOW is, sadly I don't know of a nice twisty 2 lane that can take me from here to there.

...okay, so if I knew where that magical road was I wouldn't have much use for you all now would I? :D

I thought that Higgins ran E-W. Anyone know how far South I can pick it up?

Thanks again~

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm gonna try to make it out tonight to meet some new folks. Unfortunately, I've never been there and have no idea where to go.

Jenny

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
TORN 1 said:
Thanks Babette. I'd actually be coming up from the Loop. I know where SOW is, sadly I don't know of a nice twisty 2 lane that can take me from here to there.

...okay, so if I knew where that magical road was I wouldn't have much use for you all now would I? :D

I thought that Higgins ran E-W. Anyone know how far South I can pick it up?

Thanks again~
it does run east west but you take any road to it....I'm guessing Harlem would be the easiest for you?

sorry if I'm not much help, I don't hang out in the city much :(

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
Quite alright. If anyone else from the city is considering the hike let me know. We can meet up down here and pick our way up there. Slab-misery is always less painful when shared...

Anyone got 40 cents to loan me?

·
Premium Member
45,956 Posts
Re: Old School Ride!!! (Tame so be aware)

lovebothkats said:
and NO WHEELIES, STOPPIES, OR ANY OTHER STUNTS.

Now wait a minute, if this is gonna be truely retro I need to bring the valk and play the stereo for everyone through the chatterbox's while busting out some Valkyrie wheelies :D :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts