Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,186 Posts
hahahahahaha:laughing :laughing :laughing :rofl

that guy is keepin' a little somthn' somthn' to smokey smoke under dat hat. :rolleyes :laughing :laughing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
899 Posts
Crazy said:
hahahahahaha:laughing :laughing :laughing :rofl

that guy is keepin' a little somthn' somthn' to smokey smoke under dat hat. :rolleyes :laughing :laughing
I don't know a whole lot about bikes... but getting to 135mph in an 1/8 mile sounds pretty unrealistic... especially on an '89 CBR. Am I wrong??... or is that guy smoking some of the wacky tobacky
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,589 Posts
Maybe he meant--wow; with the corn liquor in the tank she was flyin! Must a been 135! Here jed give me another sip of the lightnin and ill walk off that 1/8 mile dirt road again! :laughing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,186 Posts
Stydie750SS said:


I don't know a whole lot about bikes... but getting to 135mph in an 1/8 mile sounds pretty unrealistic... especially on an '89 CBR. Am I wrong??... or is that guy smoking some of the wacky tobacky
That thing might break 100 in a 1/4 mile depending on who's driving it:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
899 Posts
Labdog said:
Maybe he meant--wow; with the corn liquor in the tank she was flyin! Must a been 135! Here jed give me another sip of the lightnin and ill walk off that 1/8 mile dirt road again! :laughing
LOL!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

All jacked up on home-made everclear hahaaaaa :rofl :rofl
 

·
Mista Gimmie
Joined
·
15 Posts
Hey Crazy,
Ya think she might break 100 mph in the quarter? Do you really think bikes are phenomenally better then ten years ago? Lighter, better handling and a some more HP but not so much that an 89' CBR600 wouldn't break over 100mph in the 1/4 mile. My old mans V-65 Sabre does it in the high 10's and it was released in 1984. Granted it is an 1100cc engine but Honda's 02' XX does it in 10.35 seconds. Don't get me wrong 135mph for the 89' in the 1/8th mile is bogus and so is that speed in the 1/4th mile considering the 01' CBR600F4i does it at 127 mph. I like how every year motorcycle reviews always pit bikes against each other and find major differences. Sure there are in the minor field of things and quality, no one can beat Honda...he he, but for the most part they are pretty damn close. Many older bikes aren’t slouches but it sure is nice to have the latest and greatest!

AV

P.S. Maybe that 89' has NOS! LOL!
 

·
Super Moderator,
Joined
·
43,221 Posts
Vaughnimo said:
Hey Crazy,
Ya think she might break 100 mph in the quarter? Do you really think bikes are phenomenally better then ten years ago? Lighter, better handling and a some more HP but not so much that an 89' CBR600 wouldn't break over 100mph in the 1/4 mile. My old mans V-65 Sabre does it in the high 10's and it was released in 1984. Granted it is an 1100cc engine but Honda's 02' XX does it in 10.35 seconds. Don't get me wrong 135mph for the 89' in the 1/8th mile is bogus and so is that speed in the 1/4th mile considering the 01' CBR600F4i does it at 127 mph. I like how every year motorcycle reviews always pit bikes against each other and find major differences. Sure there are in the minor field of things and quality, no one can beat Honda...he he, but for the most part they are pretty damn close. Many older bikes aren’t slouches but it sure is nice to have the latest and greatest!

AV

P.S. Maybe that 89' has NOS! LOL!
using the v65 is an unfair comparison, that bike was a badass and is still underrated(that and the vmax). But you are right, that 89 cbr should have no problem breaking 100 in the quarter. Even on NAAAAAAWWWWWSSSS I highly doubt a 135mph 1/8th mile time.
 

·
Tgf Og
Joined
·
9,851 Posts
well for comparison sakes back in 1990:B i had a 1990 ninja 600r. with vance and hines full exhaust dyno jet kit and one tooth down on the front sprocket with gp shifting. weighing in at 155(yes i was a little guy once:twofinger ) I ran a 12.1 at 113mph. so this guy is smoking dope, but it would easily do over 100mph in the 1/4!:helmet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,186 Posts
Vcook said:


using the v65 is an unfair comparison, that bike was a badass and is still underrated(that and the vmax). But you are right, that 89 cbr should have no problem breaking 100 in the quarter. Even on NAAAAAAWWWWWSSSS I highly doubt a 135mph 1/8th mile time.
Well my point was an idiot like this would most likely barely be over 100mph in the 1/4. I'm sure profesionally driven it would do 115 or so but when you go to the strip you'll see that even when some guy in a magazine runs a new 600 to 127mph most of the guys there have trouble getting over 120.;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,186 Posts

·
Old Squid on a Blade
Joined
·
9,388 Posts
:laughing It must be the same f4 that was running up and down LSD at 160+ :twofinger
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top