Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Tommy want wingy
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stupid ebay. Lost the buy-it-now function and couldn't relist. What a pain in the ass. This is the last chance or I'll either store the bike or give it to my brother in Detroit for a starter bike. Here's the link for the original thread and I'll take $700. I've got one individual coming up from Indy and another from Michigan unless it goes here first...

http://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=39999#post39999

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
Hows it run? clutch,brakes decent?electrical work properly?

·
Tommy want wingy
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Runs pretty good. I've got a video of it running if anyone would like it. I'd say the brakes, electrical, and engine are all pretty good. I'd honestly say that they are better than "pretty good" but not riding the bike more than I did, I don't want to stick my foot in my mouth. Anyone is more than welcome to come take a look at it and take it out on the road. Or Grover's Maxim for that matter.

The only things wrong with it are the little P.I.A. items like...

1. Turn signal button is missing. Stalk is there, but not the button.

2. Battery is new but weak, even on a tender. Bike starts immediately upon jumping from car, however.

3. Bolt appears to be missing from back of tank mount. (Tank will rock slightly side to side).

4. Cosmetic. If you look closely there is rash on the corners of the upper cowl and the right side has a crack. The front windscreen had a Greatful Dead sticker that left some residue, and the tank has a few dings and dents in it.

5. Starter button sticks in. Starter doesn't stay engaged, but you need to pull back on the button to get the headlight to come on.

Having said that, I'm sure it could use a tune, some front fork seals, but it's not bad. And it comes with sweet-ass Yoshimura slip-ons! :rolleyes Tires, radiator, and chain and sprocket all have only 200 miles. Bought it from my friend in Milwaukee who bought in 93 as a commuter bike and now has 34xxx miles on it and the clean title is in my hands right now.

And that's about it. I've got a guy who is coming from Michigan on the 2nd to take it home, but I'd rather sell it local a little bit more quickly and just be done with it.

Any other questions, just send me an email...

HRB

·
Registered
552 Posts
Have an very interested buyer. Need to set up a time or day to come look/ drive it home.

·
Tommy want wingy
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great! Let me know. I'll be around all weekend, or if I step out, it's Grover's house and he can open the garage for you as well. Keys are in it, and I'll bring the title and manual home tonight (signed already). Look it over, take it for a ride, and If you want it and I'm out, just leave the money. Sound good?

My cell phone number is (847) 420-6225 and Grover's is... hmm... you know, I don't even know..:confused

·
Tommy want wingy
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Chris. And if he prefers a different ride, well... there's a Maxim right behind it. :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
Passing the info. Will probably buy it this weekend pick it up next I'll be out of town and he needs a rider, unless any one voulunterers delivery.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Sure thing Ken. Its not like we went and basterdized a thread for 3 pages before getting back onto topic. But its your world and I can appreciate your decision.

·
Tommy want wingy
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds good Ytrap. I'll be at work on Saturday (and trying to get rid of my M3 wheels and tires), but if Chris is around, like I said, start it up, take it out, take it with you if you want. Title and keys are on the bike, just need to jump it from a car as the battery doesn't seem to want to hold a charge. Sunday I should be around...

Ken, I'm a little confused. This is your board and I thank you for letting me post this but not sure where I (or anyone else) went wrong or OT. Not looking to start anything, just confused...

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Sure thing Ken. Its not like we went and basterdized a thread for 3 pages before getting back onto topic
:laughing Ytrap, and HRB...this is why we got those rules:laughing
i have had to clean up a few 4 page long for sale threads cause it gets out of hand with to much talk.
i just want to make sure who ever is selling stuff..gets the best chance to..and some poor guy doesnt have to read 40 post to find out if its for sale still or not. thats all.
i just want to keep it simple in the for sale forum..and not let people ruien there stuff for sale.

cause i KNOW i have seen it;)

·
Tommy want wingy
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ytrap, you've got a PM. Bike is still for sale... :confused

·
Tommy want wingy
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I didn't get your message until late last night. Sounds good YTrap. I've got your cell number and we'll just set up a time for Saturday morning. (I'll be away from now until Saturday morning..)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts