Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Benchwarmer
14,574 Posts
im still debating whether or not leopard (10.5) will make my ibook g4 run any faster. its a g4 933mhz with 640mb of ram and is a slow bitch. i remember hearing when tiger (10.4) came out that they said there were performance increases but im still on the previous release panther (10.3) but i still didnt upgrade.

·
stuck in 6th gear,
7,631 Posts
im still debating whether or not leopard (10.5) will make my ibook g4 run any faster. its a g4 933mhz with 640mb of ram and is a slow bitch. i remember hearing when tiger (10.4) came out that they said there were performance increases but im still on the previous release panther (10.3) but i still didnt upgrade.
nope. probably run slower with all the new background processes that are in Leopard.

games seem to be running slower too. screen refresh rate seems slower than Tiger

·
The Benchwarmer
14,574 Posts
nope. probably run slower with all the new background processes that are in Leopard.

games seem to be running slower too even with the increase in memory that I installed to play with for Leopard. screen refresh rates seem a tad slower.
id really only put it on there if i tried to sell it but i dunno. right now im dual booting it with Panther and Debian Linux :1pimp

·
Failed rehab
14,908 Posts

games seem to be running slower too. screen refresh rate seems slower than Tiger
Yep. Leopard is cool, but somewhat more resource intensive, and indeed slightly slower in some respects, even on my Macbook w/ 2G RAM and a 2.0 Mhz Core 2 Duo.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Macs suck, get a PC.

·
Banned
6,882 Posts
Macs suck, get a PC.
Whatever man, Mac's are gaining ground every day on pc's. At least my mac doesn't crash like your pc!

On a serious note and on topic. It should be corrected rather quickly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts