Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
18,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As some of you know we have at least 2 CLSB members currently serving in Iraq. Stkr and OptimusP. If I've mispelled their screen name I apologize.

As a token of our apprciation for what they're going through for us over there I's like to put together a care package or two for them. There may be a few on CLSB that can comprehend completely what they go through in Iraq or what their day to day routine is, but a vast majority have NO CLUE. I have a way of getting whiny if I get a rotten phone call or an irate customer. I'm at the age where reality is setting in and my probelms seem soo insignificant compared to life threatening issues they deal with daily.

here's what I'm looking for from you all-

What type of things can we compile in a somewhat flat box-12"x14"x4" that would put a smile on their face, make their day a little brighter, show off to their comrads, carry with them, stick on a bomb or rocket, etc, etc. I hope you get my drift.

Your ideas are greatly appreciated. I will soon post another thread on ways that we can help their families while they're away.

Fire away!!!!

Here's the list so far:

CLSB Stickers -"me and tony"
Thank You cards
Road racer X Magazines
Motorcyclist magazines
Baby Wipes -"Odysseys"
Wet Naps
Racing/Bike DVD's
gatorade single packets to flavor water-LarryDallas
Chapstick -2Weelpilot
Gold bond/powder
Portable DVD Player
Frisbee -2Weelpilot
Socks -HDTony-Wingit
Deoderant -HDTony
Playing Cards -2Weelpilot
cd's
Disposable Razors -LarryDallas

·
Irony helps us play!
29,500 Posts
In the past, when my brother in law was in charge of some P3 squadrons over there we sent hundreds of boxes of Girls Scout cookies along with some Thank You cards that the girls wrote up.

It was a 'Taste of home' type of thing that he would dole out to everyone serving with him and they absolutely loved and appreciated it. Likewise, anything that can be bartered with are also good for other goods or favors :)

·
PPF Installer
1,286 Posts
how about a few copies of Road Racer X, Motorcyclist and some of those other mags. I get RRX that I've got one old issue right now that I could donate, actually I've got 2 old issues.

·
Registered
18,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In the past, when my brother in law was in charge of some P3 squadrons over there we sent hundreds of boxes of Girls Scout cookies along with some Thank You cards that the girls wrote up.

It was a 'Taste of home' type of thing that he would dole out to everyone serving with him and they absolutely loved and appreciated it. Likewise, anything that can be bartered with are also good for other goods or favors :)
nothing edible or perishable is allowed

·
stay classy
419 Posts
Magazines of any sort were always welcome, maxim, fhm playboys etc etc... Hard candy, sun block, chap stick, Cds, dvds. When you spend enough time out there it doesn't matter what you receive though. Just the notion that someone spent the time and effort to send a care package is enough to get you through the day. Be forewarned though, sometimes packages can take up to a few months to reach its final destination for various reasons.

·
Registered
18,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anything from Nesba that could be sent? a Tshirt or..

Does anyone have any high quality pictures of them on theirs bikes that could be blown up and sent to show off a bit?
Cmon guys

·
CLSB RESIDENT *******!!!!
1,331 Posts
How bout a bike.....piece by piece:2rockin

·
My lil Stunt Girl
1,004 Posts
The propel or gatorade single packets to flavor water
Chapstick
Gold bond/powder

·
Üter Zörker
790 Posts
This is a couple of bucks. It would have to be from a few people. A portable DVD player, with headphones and a car adapter goes a long long way. Sometimes it's the only break from reality you have. Get one that plays mpgs and send some footage of local rides. It goes a long way to bringing a bit of home to someone serving. You throw it in a large ziplock bag and can fire it up when you have time.

This way as they spend time there, family and friends can always send a video for them to watch, hint hint holidays. You probably can't imagine how nice a crappy Chicago winter video looks when your in the box. I liked it better than having my laptop there. It went in my backpack and I got to watch it after we convoyed to other FOB's (bases).

Paul
'03-'04 OIF I

·
Lemonhead
1,107 Posts
Talked to my friend who came back from Iraq. He suggested some of the following items. Magazines, music, letters of appreciation (just to show that ppl are thankful for what they do), frisbees, socks, audios and videos of just things to even take their mind of things here. powered kool-aid/gatorade, batteries, food that are foiled, deoderant, disposable cameras, chess/checkers/dominos.

some of the other things were alrdy listed and i listed somethings others have posted.

·
PPF Installer
1,286 Posts
so we know what to send, lets set a date, a drop off time, lets say bring stuff to Strats???? who is taking the forfront on this, 2weelpilot? When you gonna be at Strats, set a date and lets make it happen

because personally too often good things are talked about, but nothing is every done, just lots of talk and then it gets old and most people forget and then not much of anything gets done.

·
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin
8,791 Posts
Cigarette lighters for cars. the unit bodies that have wires attached. You can hook these up to HMMWV batteries the 12 volt not the 24 and you can run assesories off them

Any old movie that you have will be watched and appreciated.

Shower shoes.

Socks

cd's

tapes

Game books suduko croswords

local newspapers

phone cards

pens pencils paper
Hand lotion

toilet paper good stuff

large freezer bags zip lock

batteries aa d and c

Coffee maker

·
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin
8,791 Posts
Decent weapon cleaning stuff.

the issue stuff sucks. even a set of dental tools to scrape carbon off the will appreciate this when they have to clean weapons to out process.

windex and paper towels

egg crate packing to sit on.

those beach chairs they sell that come in little carry cases

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.