Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hence my screen name I once again slid myself and my sv down the road today. I dont think im very fast but I must need different technique. Ive been sliding around alot on my M1 tires, and they were shredding rubber but I think it may be from poor technique more than speed. I need a trackday!!
And- I crashed and then worked hard to figure out why it wouldnt start, it was the clutch switch and a fuse. Then I hurried off to work (part time ups driver)got there 3 minutes late, and my boss whos been harrasing me tells me no work because im 3 minutes late.
DONT USE ups. They bust yer packages and lose them and make billions off of mistreating their employees!!

·
3,613 Posts
Ow uhm, sorry to hear about all that. Your M1s are shredding rubber?? What kinda crazy poor technique are you using? :rolleyes

P.S. Your boss sucks. :D

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
sorry to hear about the crash. Hope the bike is ok. Sounds like you were. Yeah UPS blows, but who else ya gona use. Fed-EX. No difference if you ask me. O wait there is. UPS is cheaper. And now the the Post Office jacked their rates up UPS is cheaper than them too now that really sux.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shredding rubber

I mean like when theres worn away shredded rubber at the edge ot the tire, so the tires werent cold. I wasnt really trying to go fast but I was leaning alot and late apexing, stuffing it into the turns trying to get used to my pegs dragging. The more I think about it I think it was the peg lifted me off the road. I may need to look into some gsxr rearsets and maybe a suburban machinery handlebars. And definitely riding pants.
The tire has crazy looking marks on it from it that may have happened after I was already down. From the marks it looks like the tire was spinning as I went into the lean but I didnt think the sv did that.
My gloves, boots, jacket and ass took most of the damage but my hand hurts too. If someone can loan me a pair of leather pants size 32/32 I can do the trackday at bhf on 21st or so.

·
Tgf Og
9,851 Posts
dude sorry to here about your crash, crashing sucks. sounds to me like your not getting off the bike enough, the more you lean off the bike the less the bike needs to lean. if your dragging hard parts on the street you may want to consider slowing down on the streets and picking up track days. there is no reason to be dragging parts on the street your only asking for trouble. just my 2 pennies.:helmet

·
Registered
227 Posts
First of all, sorry to hear about your crash. Sounds like you're ok and that's the most important.

I'm no help on tires....

As far as UPS, i like their service. FedEx is too much, while all other places are still filled with a-holes. It must be the name of the game i guess. For the $10 an hour, you could just kick your boss in the nuts :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ups sucks

To you guys who like ups give me your address and ill give your packages "special" handling. LOL
And these m1 tires came via airborne ground

·
Special Agent Lance Boyle
6,704 Posts
Ouch, sorry to here about the crash.:(

Dragging parts is your bikes way of telling you that you need A) rearsets, B) suspension adjustments.
Of course this would only be happening at the track; right?

Excessive tire tearing is cold tearing, meaning that you're shredding tire before it's up to temp ( usually a fast guy problem, or you have way too much air in there ).

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
svslider said:
Well hence my screen name I once again slid myself and my sv down the road today. I dont think im very fast but I must need different technique. Ive been sliding around alot on my M1 tires, and they were shredding rubber but I think it may be from poor technique more than speed. I need a trackday!!
And- I crashed and then worked hard to figure out why it wouldnt start, it was the clutch switch and a fuse. Then I hurried off to work (part time ups driver)got there 3 minutes late, and my boss whos been harrasing me tells me no work because im 3 minutes late.
DONT USE ups. They bust yer packages and lose them and make billions off of mistreating their employees!!
If you're shedding rubber on the street in Illinois, you are going way too fast... IMO. There is too much gravel and greasy stuff ot ride that hard.

Yes, do some trackdays. We've already had one rider on this board messed up when he crashed on the street, we don;t need another.

BTW - if the bike is sliding around, it's telling you something.... "Slow down". If you don;t the biek gets pissed and throws you off.:D

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Not sure if the track is that much of a better place for you....you sound dangerous. Stay in the beginner group until you sort your shit out.

You are going way too fast bro....slow it down.

Pretend you are driving your delivery truck.

BTW...I used to work at the Addison hub back in highschool.

Started as a loader, what a bust ass job. Still have a couple 1/5000 t-shirts. Then I moved up to the high sort...much better. Not a bad place to work IMHO.

·
Wannabe racer
2,360 Posts
svslider, didn't you ride with us a while back when we were out west, then down to the one curvy stretch we all know? Just trying to figure out who you are.

Definitely need to hang off more if you are dragging pegs. Look at this way if you are dragging pegs, you see something in the road that is in your line, what are you going to do to tighten it up if you need to?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
where I was riding

Yes that was me on the slow ride. This time I was riding in this little subdivision next to my house, I wasnt really going VERY fast or crossing lanes. Just like 25-30 in the turns- Thats why my bikes ok and im not rashed up. I dont really hang off but I think I attempted to before the crash turn, But I do need to get some track time. I was starting to feel like I was wasting my new tires and I had to hit more turns to keep them round.

·
Wannabe racer
2,360 Posts
Re: where I was riding

svslider said:
Yes that was me on the slow ride. This time I was riding in this little subdivision next to my house, I wasnt really going VERY fast or crossing lanes. Just like 25-30 in the turns- Thats why my bikes ok and im not rashed up. I dont really hang off but I think I attempted to before the crash turn, But I do need to get some track time. I was starting to feel like I was wasting my new tires and I had to hit more turns to keep them round.
New tires are much cheaper than fairings or other bike parts :laughing

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Sorry about the crash. Check out the CFM rearsets (I think). rearsets are usually the first stock part to go off the SV after the exhaust. Too low for serious riding.

Check SV rider and NESBA classifieds for used ones. Good luck, SV parts on both boards go FAST. Tried to pick up stock rearsets cheap (could have got left and right both for $80) but I was too late. I figured if I emailed 10 minutes after the post I'd have a shot.. no luck. Got my seat from SVRider board though.

My leathers may fit you, but I'm using them on that track day.

Hope this 'M-1 ' tire slipping thing isn't redundant. I've got some on order! :confused

Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts