Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Rice Rice Baby
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious where people park when they commute to work inner loop. Work around Daley Ctr and trying to figure out decent, "safe" bike parking options, preferably near tie-down points.

Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
14,283 Posts
You are going to have to pay. I work in the loop along with about 20 other members and you usually wont find any safe free parking for ur bike. I park mine in a pay lot.

·
Rice Rice Baby
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are going to have to pay. I work in the loop along with about 20 other members and you usually wont find any safe free parking for ur bike. I park mine in a pay lot.
Fair nuff. Do you typically do garages or street level lots?

·
Registered
14,283 Posts
You can park in between cars at meter parking.

Don't expect your bike to last to long doing that. You will get a ticket quicker than sh!t. If she is parking it for the day it will be cheaper to pay for parking than pay for a ticket.

·
stay classy
419 Posts
I would never trust that somebody will pull out without knocking my bike over. I try to park as far away from the general population as possible.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
I've had real good luck at Grant north/south. Both are around $16 all day and are right off of Michigan ave

·
Rice Rice Baby
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I've heard too many horror stories about fetching bikes and scooters out of city lock.

·
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔn&#60
11,372 Posts
Its easier to park outside the downtown area where its free and jump on the train.

·
161 Club; soon to be 129
800 Posts
Heard there is some parking near House of Blues. Dead end street. shit forgot whats it called.
I would do the parking garage.

·
Gullible Idiot
928 Posts
Only good deal I found so far: Corner of Van Buren and Wabash. Underground heated parking for motorcycles $8 daily on weekdays, $12 on weekends.

·
Banned
722 Posts
Park in the free parking area in the Lakeview/Lincolnpark area..east side of Broadway on Barry, Briar etc..then CTA it downtown. Quick enough.

-Eric

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I've had real good luck at Grant north/south. Both are around $16 all day and are right off of Michigan ave
I would think public transit would be cheaper than dishing out $16 a day for parking.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would think public transit would be cheaper than dishing out $16 a day for parking.
It is, what he's leaving out is that we're thinking of doing a road trip and it will be faster to ride in and then ride out of the city and meet up south of town than it will be to take the train back to the burbs then deal with traffic on the tri-state.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts