1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Who's faster Lupi
4,957 Posts
yeah aftert tonight I new you'd think that. :D

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
here is a shot from the yamaha cananda site. their site really needs to work on security

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Somehow I think we are going to get screwed with the MSRP in the states (as usual). Canadian MSRP at current exchange rates is $7325. At least with all these changes the price shouldn't change too much here.

I like the styles and changes so far (15,500 redline, damn!) But what's the current redline? I'm used to V-Twins, so 10,500 is redline for my bike.

:eek:t
If canadian and US bikes are so similar, how come they are always cheaper up there? Trying to encourage more buyers? Tariffs?

Chris

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
the front end looks rather "spindley" when viewed from the side, but I like the 5 spoke rims. reminds me of old f2/3 and 900rr hondas.

·
habitual line stepper
3,235 Posts
Vcook said:
how come the turn signals on the flame edition are smaller? those look good.
Yeah, I was actually looking at the ones on Mikes "Flamed R1" on page 1. Looks like they designed them right finally. They're pointed down, so when you're on one wheel the turn signals are just about right. Looked they mounted a light under the fairing too so you can see ahead while you're stuntin. :laughing

·
BEER!
5,970 Posts
Michael,

where you getting all these pics? The yammie page only has 3 so far, but I didn't do too much searching on it.
'200 hp per liter'=120 hp for the engine. Didn't mention how much is going to the rear wheel.

I dig this bike though. Too bad everybody and their mother's going to be itching to buy them come spring.

Chris

·
Registered
916 Posts
Uhh I guess I'm the only one that HATES the flaming bikes... If I wanted cheesy retro-hotrod crap I'd buy a PT Cruiser.

Other than that the bikes look good. I may be one of the squids inline for one come spring.... anyone want a set of 03' R6 plastics? you pick the color ;-)

Me likes the Kawi too.

·
Super Moderator,
43,221 Posts
GroverSV650S said:
...'200 hp per liter'=120 hp for the engine. Didn't mention how much is going to the rear wheel....
that is the EXACT same numbers they used for last years model, which put out about 97-99hp at the wheel.

·
CLSB SuperHero
1,808 Posts
vtr996 said:
Uhh I guess I'm the only one that HATES the flaming bikes... If I wanted cheesy retro-hotrod crap I'd buy a PT Cruiser.

Other than that the bikes look good. I may be one of the squids inline for one come spring.... anyone want a set of 03' R6 plastics? you pick the color ;-)

Me likes the Kawi too.
Im with you. I dont like the Flames at all. Hopefully they are just decals that can be pulled off leaving an all black bike.

I wish I could afford 2 bikes, cuz I would have that blue R6 sitting next to my blue R1.:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts