1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Midnight Rider
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
anytime the spool slides on and off the stand hooks its gonna get scratched, spools are utilitarian though and scratches there are normal,

anodizing wont just chip or flake off like paint though, its literally part of the metal

·
Midnight Rider
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most likely only a few thousandths deep though. I'm sure a stand can gouge deeper than that. I think I'll smooth out my stand, and that should keep scratching to a minimum.

And I want green cuz it's fly :1pimp

·
Sarcasm in every post.
4,496 Posts
The only time anyone would see the scratches left from a pitbull stand, would be when the front tire is lofted. From what I understand of your riding, that won't be an issue.

jk.

·
Midnight Rider
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Saw Vortex ones scratch. As Pilot said, they all should. Go with some black derlin ones, or some silver metal Harbor freight specials and save the $$.
The Delrin spools are too big, may interfere with my exhaust. Cost isn't really the issue, spools are only $20. I just don't want to spend $20 and have the spools look like crap. I think it should be okay, I usually wheelie in front of people, so they won't see the scratched up spools :laughing:

350 Posts
I got a cheap old set of $10 spools off ebay and powder coated them to match the bike, hold up great! (also coated the stand)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.