Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
I can make my bike lean!
356 Posts
Yeah, I would have gone too, but it was too hot, I am such a pussy, and my cat's claws needed polishing. Plus my riding skillz suck so bad I thought that I would skip the ride so as not to make a total mockery of myself. Oh yeah, then this giant eagle swooped down out of nowhere and stole my keys to my bike, yeah, thats the story! Oh wait, I was on this ride, sorry.

Great ride guys, all of you who were there know who you are, you have my respect for not wussing out if it gets a little toasty outside. Now if some of you guys would stop wetting your pants when going on a dead slow cruise ride, I would think even higher of you....what will happen when you go on a demon run, have brown logs falling down your pant legs?:jester

spdrasr007, I didnt know you got lost, the guy on the black gixxer said that you were behind him when we got on to the last streach where you disappeared, so we thought something bad had happened to you....no one gets left behind on rides here, we will always hunt you down if you disappear.

Anyway, good to see everyone who came out!

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
YZFRabbit said:
Now if some of you guys would stop wetting your pants when going on a dead slow cruise ride, I would think even higher of you....what will happen when you go on a demon run, have brown logs falling down your pant legs?:jester

:laughing :laughing I know exactly what you mean. :laughing :laughing

Good thing we weren't doing any stand up wheelies to show off for the girls. They would've thought we were real dorks.:jester

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
my ass was soaked so bad...it really looked like i dipped my butt in a bucket of water....lmao...but i dont care:twofinger

·
Lovin this Twin
1,980 Posts
Good ride guys glad it all turned out ok other then a few cases of swapass!

Brian and I had our own little Demon run back to Aurora......

MAde it to 47 n 71 in 20 minutes! I dont think we saw double digits except for the 2 small towns ya have to go thru.

Hope its nice tomorrow night cuz I dont even wanna see my bike today,,,,,,,,,,,,,goin thru major burnout at the moment

Nice meetin ya finally Crazy, and Bill

Tom

·
Illegitimi non Carborundu
7,290 Posts
Sounds like a fun ride :)

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
And the point is?? :confused

·
Illegitimi non Carborundu
7,290 Posts
And the point is?? :confused
Was looking at old post ride reports and thought this was a good reminiser for those that were part of it back in the day :)

·
Moderator,
23,638 Posts
Was looking at old post ride reports and thought this was a good reminiser for those that were part of it back in the day :)
Ah, ok.

Reading Ken's report it is interesting to see how similar SR runs are today. Not a lot has changed in 6 years, has it?

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
:lmao: 6 year later and the only thing i see changed is me and a few other riders.

as i said currently its been a long time that i have been around, and around longer riding then most.

i have done alot but i see that in 6 years i have tried to be more focused for helping others not get hurt by making mistakes like i did, or others i saw around me and know them or seen enough to show an example from it to learn and help themselfs if they choose too.

6 years later and we still have the same issues. why? cause of the influx of new people or riders with a few years under there belt and they think they know it all and throw caution to the wind.:jester

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
6 years later and we still have the same issues. why? cause of the influx of new people or riders with a few years under there belt and they think they know it all and throw caution to the wind.
According to David Hough in Proficient Motorcycling a rider in his/her 3rd season is nearly twice as likely to crash a he was in his first year.

Percieved ability seems to out pace common sense.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts