Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i think about 8-9 guys went...and YES DOC'S bike beat out cherrys!!!:evil i told ya cherry dudelaughing d

ahh (i think his screen name is bluebusa) with the gixxer 1k..pulled a NICE 143hpr STOCK...(sweet)

gulpacoke..i think did 158hpr with just a full exhaust

doc did?....102hpr
cherry?.....94 or something like that maybe even 93?

kevin kicked tridents aprilla's ass

kevin..i think?.....123
trident?......113?

lupi did a 102??
champ?....132?

i cant remember anymore...those are ABOUT the #'s for those guys..cant remember rock solid #'s..i am sure they will speak up.

well the only guys that went for a ride was me trident and bluebusa...we went to hooters in orland..i pigged out on crab legs and shrimp..and all 3 of us..were checking out all the babes..trying to think of 1001 ways to do stuff to them:evil

then me and bill went to do alittle window shopping at a gun shop in elgin...WE hauled ass lets just say ;)

it was fun as hell for me today glad i got out today cause i know i home stuck with family stuff tomorrow.

later dudes:twofinger

G

·
Ok ok listen here hot dog...

It was 168,,,,, get it right ok.....

Not that it matters.. I still ride slow.....

All that aside.. thanks for setting this up.. needed to know if I was runnin ok....

·
Work In Progress...
2,003 Posts
One thing you CAN'T do is give a WRONG DYNO # ...:nono
Its a guy thing :-

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DAMM yeah i remember now 168hpr.
like i said though...those were from my bad memory and with only 1 hr of sleep yesterday not to bad ah?...:laughing

·
"PC" ,my balls
1,620 Posts
He chopped a couple off mine, too. Max. HP was 146.0

Did you guys see the one with the motor apart (gsxr1000). 3mm over bore, stroked, cams, etc., etc. They expect 200 - 205 rwhp. Oh, hell yeah.

·
Work In Progress...
2,003 Posts
those were from my bad memory and with only 1 hr of sleep yesterday not to bad ah?...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm sounds pretty familiar!, I can remember you complaining about some OTHER bad things..

ok 2 guys you were off on.... I bet BusaDave is gettin 136 with his to huh ? :laughing

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
93 or 94hp? Cherry...you need to represent a little better. :D

102.5hp from the F4i with just a slip-on.
104hp from DJS's jetted, flowcommamder, full Ti Akro.

·
YO MAMA
60,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:laughing jonn..i was already razzing him at the dyno shop of how he his programming of power commander...lol
he musta done it with a tonka toy computer...let alone....he musta messed everything up..lmao:evil

·
Lovin this Twin
1,980 Posts
Ya know I woulda brought the 10 down there but I refrained from embarracing all you horsepower junkies:rofl

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
BTW - I ran 94.3 HP @ 13,300RPM and 41 ft-lbs at 10,750RPM

Basically it's running like a Stock Triumph TT. Peaky and no torque.

The story gets better.

Okay so I start messing with the mapping. I don't have $300 to drop right now for a custom map, so it's up to me to make it work.

First I thought it was rich, so I try leaning out the flat spots in the map at 6500 and 11k-13k. Big mistake. I hit the backraods with WINGIT and Doctor B and the biek was rough and that flat spot at 3500 became a huge gaping hole. If I didn't launch over 6k Joe's CBR600 Hurricane, would take me.

SO I get home plug in the serial cable and run it out the tail, tuck it under the main seat, throw the laptop in a backpack and hit the backroad to do a little tuning. I wnet bakc to Dynojet's recomemnded map for the Hindle. Then I richened up the top end soem more and it helped. I started playign wiht the ignition again.

I pull out from a parking lot (apparently cuttign someone off... whatever:bs ) then I open it up on a wide open 55mph road with no cars ahead of me. I was runing up and down 2nd gear to see how the changes felt... so I'm doing 65-85 mph. Mr. unmarked patrol car was following me. I pulled in to a subdivision to make some more changes. I already have the laptop out and am messign with the tables when the cop pulls up. I'm like "fuck me, I'm screwed". I tell him the truth and it's pretty obvious since I have a laptop sitting on my bike. Writes me for 83 in a 55. $95.

That was a expensive dyno run. I guess I should have stuck to the narrow farm roads instead of using a nice safe, smooth road closer to town. I told him that too. He's says I should g othe the Kankakee Airport and see if they let me run there. Ya right, I doubt it.:mad Oh well.

To make matters worse my nice new Fox shock works good msot of the time, but it has too much high speed comperssion dameneing for the street and really beats you up on small sharp bumps. It's super stable on speed sweepers though and silky smooth on medium size bumps.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Odysseys said:

lupi did a 102??
He did 91. So I at least beat someone.

Basically my bike isn't tuned. It's like if you stuck a jet kit in Doc's bike but didn't dial it in. My bike might just be a dog. I bought it used with 1200 miles. He migh have ridden the piss out of it durign break in. I'm also about due for new sprockets and a valve job. Woodfield did my last one, so my cams could be a couple degrees off. A lot of little things can add up fast.

·
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!
2,765 Posts
Re: Re: POST: 8/24/02 dyno day runs and ride.

cherrypicker said:
He did 91. So I at least beat someone.
OK Read your friggin sheets, and go by the adjusted values.

Lupi: 93.0
Cherry: 94.8

Ken ya wanna tune my bike so I can get the 102 out of it with what I have on there!:D
Ciao,
Lupi

PS:
Crappy thing is that will almost 2hp more than me, cherry is still getting 20-30mph more top end that I am after my sprocket change.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
Re: Re: Re: POST: 8/24/02 dyno day runs and ride.

Lupi said:

PS:
Crappy thing is that will almost 2hp more than me, cherry is still getting 20-30mph more top end that I am after my sprocket change.
hmmmmmmm. I think somebody warned you about the sprocket thing:D ;)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I got 124 hp.:)
Also, I put on a Scots steering damper and I must say it feels alot better to me now handeling wise.

·
Banned
3,495 Posts
Iwas kind of hoping he'd cut me some slack since I had a specific purpose for why I was speeding and it wasn't sustained.

They are holding my lisence for bail. 3 more mph and it would get ugly. Luckily he must have locked me while I was oly at 13k not redline. Redline I would have been doing almost 90mph.

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Just think...if you had a stock bike you'd probably spent the night in jail for wreckless driving. :D

And if you had mine at 102.5hp, you would have pulled away from him like a streak of lightning:laughing

1 - 20 of 29 Posts