Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Post Fox vally off road

1K views 43 replies 17 participants last post by  Grasshopper 
#1 ·
It ended up being Underdog, vcook and myself as everyone pansied out. Holy Shit was that a good time! I low sided mine a few times fairly hard, threw myself and udogs bike into the weeds end over end once and hauled ass though some very slick trails

#9 ·
I was telling my wife yesterday, I am having 100% more fun in the dirt then I do at the track I think my trailer is being converted to handling dirt bike needs for good.

#14 ·
:laughing:

Where were you guys a few years ago when I had my YZ250? :jester Edit.. oh wait never mind.... you guys were all on the fiddy bandwagon thinking it could be as much fun as a real dirtbike. :twofinger

If you think fox valley is fun wait till you ride a real MX track such as motoland. If you like woods and want to ride a nice track check out Lincoln trail in Casey, IL. Also, don't forget to check out the dunes next season another place that is a blast to ride.

#24 ·
I tell you guys what. If you want the best of the dirtbiking world and the road racing/track day world come out and ride on the ice this winter. I will personally pass my KX250 set for the ice around to anyone who wants to give it a shot. I will be your pusher. You will be amazed how much traction you get and how much fun it is. Ice tires cost 400 bucks from Jeff Fredette and well worth it. How much does a set of good Road Race rubber cost? 350 bucks? Well they only last a weekend rite? A set of ice tires will last forever if you take care of them. If you think you get cold, you're wrong. With the proper gear on and then you get out pushing the bike around you find yourself hot when it's 20 degrees outside.

Like I said, I will openly let anyone ride the KX250 on the ice if they want to give it a try.

#25 ·
I didnt fuck up his trans, I did another 10 laps and a trail ride after that crash and he rode the trils ofter that, I suspect it might be from his clod hoppers kicking the shit out of it, and now it's stuck in gear. Either way I'm pulling it apart to see whats wrong with it. Once I get the bikes out of the trailer, I got lazy yesterday :laughing

#28 ·
Motoland would probably kick most of our ass's, I prefer to rip through the trails and do some flat trackin in the cornfields at high speed. motocross tracks break limbs

#30 ·
I'm liking the flat tracking the best. Something about stomping the rear brake, throwing the rear completely out of line, then pinnin the throttle and flying through a corner just makes me all tingly in my pants :D

#37 ·
Shit now that I got a dirt bike, your gonna be friggin saddle sore next season if I have my way, get ready buddy :laughing

#40 ·
Rob, you are such a little sissy. I can't wait to smoke you on the ice and at Jennings. If it gets good and cold around here, it's going to be awesome road racing one weekend in Florida and then coming back and riding the ice.

Who said off season? What the fuck is an off season? LOL!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.